IV

Seoyoung's POV

Slowly, with Taehyung's hand still covering my eyes, he leads me out of the dungeon. I could see my feet moving at the small gap left between his hand and my eyes, but nothing beyond that. All was quiet, until the voices started. Moans and groans of terrible pain filled my ears. Pleads and whimpers for mercy are what these prisoners begged for. Some, driven so mad, were screaming, screaming in absolute agony, ripping their vocal cords apart. 

I jumped at a particularly raucous shriek, crying, "Kill me! Kill me, please!" Fists and palms pounded on bars of their confinement, while others were quiet, devoid of any movement or sound. My breaths came in more uneven as my body shuddered, trying to push frightening inventions out of my mind. 

Noticing my shaking hands and quivering lips, Taehyung halted, stopping me too, calmly whispering, "It's alright princess. I can get you out of here much more swiftly in a slightly different fashion, do you trust me?" I nodded, not to trusting him, but for him to get me out of here. I couldn't take this mental torture anymore. It had never been in my nature to leave someone in pain or dying without treating them. I am a doctor after all, but this was nothing I've ever experienced, something I hope to never hear again but will haunt me for the rest of my life. 

Suddenly, I felt my feet leave the ground. Taehyung had hoisted me into his arms and started walking, his hand holding me around the back of my neck still covering my eyes. Now I couldn't see anything, just the palm of his hand. After a few minutes, we finally made it out of the torture maze. Gradually, Taehyung let me down, smoothly placing me back onto the ground. When his hand left my eyes, the sight in front of me temporarily stupefied me. 

We were standing in a large circular room, with marble laid on the floor with expensive fabric couches resting on top. The room was a creamy beige with a high vaulted ceiling, glass making up the room, revealing the stars outside. Seven brilliant crystal chandeliers hung on golden-white chains, tinkling in all its light. The place looked enchanted, a stark difference to the grisly maze we had just left. Amused with the expression on my face, Taehyung grinned and kindly took my hand, of which I did not reject for I was still too amazed to move. 

"Let me show you to your room," he said. With a gentle pull, he led me across the shining tiles to a tall archway embedded in the circumference of the room. 

Six elevators sat in a line in front of a glass sculpture, carved of a bird, a Nightingale with its beak open, midsong. Taehyung led me over to one of the elevators which were carpeted in red, golden walls reflecting light. My eyes widened when I saw the state I was in. My face was tear-streaked, hair a mess, clothes rumpled and ripped in places, and blood. A small drop of blood was on the corner of my lip, where Taehyung had slapped me. Thinking about it, a small stinging was felt on my cheeks again. I placed my cold palm onto it to cool it down. I turned to look at the buttons on and noticed there were thirteen floors. Was this some sort of massive office building? Then again, why would they have some huge ballroom in the middle? Pressing the button for level thirteen, he verified his identity with his fingerprint and we shot up at an incredible speed, making me fall back in surprise. Taehyung was quick to stabilize me before I could get hurt. The whole time, Taehyung didn't let go, his two hands stayed secure on my shoulders until we reached the top. At last, when the doors opened, I stumbled out, head dizzy from the ride. I had never stood in an elevator that travelled at that speed. Taehyung however, seemed fine. He led me inside, to what seemed like living quarters, a spacious penthouse. Turning a corner, my jaw dropped at the majestic view from the curved floor to ceiling window, exposing the night sky and busy streets of Korea. How much I longed to be down there again... 

"Follow me," Taehyung abruptly said, startling me. Obeying, I followed him through the penthouse and into one of the what I assumed, bedrooms. Yet again, every corner I turned didn't fail to impress. "This will be your bedroom." 

I surveyed the bedroom in awe. It couldn't be described as just a bedroom, it could easily have been a thousand square feet, maybe more. A king-sized bed sat elevated with rich red curtains neatly drawn apart. A long electric fire heated the room opposite the bed, changing from blue to pink to purple flames. An 85", give or take, flat-screen TV hung above the fire flashed beautiful calming pictures of nature. Yet again, a towering sheet of glass connected the roof and floor. It had small warm lights installed above, creating a comfortable night time feel. The floor itself was dark oak wood, but expensive rugs had been thrown here and there under different assortments of light furniture to contrast the dark black walls. A vanity, desk, table with two comfy chairs, large cushiony couches and standing lamps were stationed throughout the large room. A massive mirror also hung on the wall, reflecting the stars outside, creating the look of a charmed portal to a different dimension. Two sets of double doors led to an en suite bathroom with built-in sauna and double sink, all finished in white marble and mini chandeliers. The other held an outrageous walk-in closet, already furnished with the most high-end designer clothes a woman could ever want. Sitting on the bed, there was a large laptop and phone, all brand new in their boxes. 

"Those are for you," Taehyung said, gesturing to the tech. "You can do anything you want, go wherever you want, but within these rules. You may go anywhere in this building, even to the gardens outside. You can do whatever you want online except contact anyone else other than these people." Taehyung pulls out a sheet of paper with three people's contact information on it. Kim Taehyung, Park Jimin and someone named Jeon Jungkook. "Break any of those rules, there will be consequences." He was about to leave, but then stopped, saying, "I will know." Then left. I stood still for a moment, then, picked up the phone, and dialled 112 (Korea's police line). 

"You've reached Seoul's police, what is your emergency?" 

Bang! 

The massive oak doors had flung off their hinges.

-

Don't forget to vote and follow!