Chapter 7: A lover

They stare while Koneko holds you headless body in her arms. "I-I thought h-h-he was immortal." Rias said walking backwards in disbelief.

Koneko started crying even more. "So he's really go-" While Koneko was crying no one noticed all your blood that was spilt was getting sucked back into your body. Koneko saw your head rolling towards the body and screamed. It reattached itself to your head as the wounds began to heal at an astonishing speed. "What? What is this?"

You stand up. "The curse of Immortality. I can die, but not permanently."

Koneko starts punching your chest with tears forming in her eyes again. "You idiot! Do you have any idea how worried we were about you?!"

You pull her in for a hug. "Didn't I tell you before that I was fine? You smile. Everyone else joins in for a group hug.

"Good to have you back man." Issei says with his hand on your shoulder.

"Yeah same that hurt more than I expected it to. But there are more important matters at hand. That man we saw leading the fallen... He was my father."

"Y-Your father? I thought you said he died?! That rotten swine. He will die a thousand deaths in the ninth ring of Hell!" She shouted angrily.

"Jeez. What did your dad do to piss Rias off?" Issei says confused.

She looks at the rest of them. "Y\N.. I'm sorry. I didn't mean to."

"It's fine. I can't keep it a secret forever. But can we talk about this when we get home?" Everyone nods. "Rias. I too thought my father died on that day, but obviously not. I have no idea what he's planning but we need to stop him." You say while looking around.

"Y\N, calm down. As much as I want to murder him too we don't even know where he is. Let's call it a day and go home. I think I speak for everyone when I say I'm tired after that." They agree and you eventually do too. Rias teleports you all back home. "Hey, Koneko can I talk to you for a sec please?" Rias asked with a grin on her face.

Koneko looked confused. " Sure I guess."

In Rias's office

Rias smirked. "Koneko I see you've taken a liking to him. I saw how much you were worrying about him."

Koneko blushed. "N-No! It's not like that.. I was just worried because he's one of your pieces that's all."

Rias laughed. "It's no use trying to hide it. I can read your mind you know."

Koneko blushed harder. "Do you think he likes me back?" She mumbled quietly.

Rias twirled her hair. " I don't know it's hard to tell with that guy. He's not pervy and he doesn't stare so you just have to ask him to find out." Koneko looked sad. "Go on! He's alone in the kitchen right now, go before you miss your chance. She gulped and made her way to the kitchen.

"Hey, Y\N?" Koneko called out to you.

"Yeah Koneko? What is it?" You reply.

She blushed. "W-Will y-you...

"Will I?" You say, confused.

"Will you pass me a water bottle please?" She says quickly.

"Sure..." You say handing her the water bottle. 'What was all that about?' You think to yourself.

Koneko POV

'Damn it! Why can't I just ask him?! Oh yeah it's valentines day tomorrow, I'll do it then.'

Y\N POV

You walk back into the Living room to see everyone staring at you. "Well then, guess I've got some explaining to do. I was born into a noble family of Yokai, hence how I met Rias at a young age. My family was somewhat normal until I turned 6. You could say I became my parents stress toy. Something inside my father just snapped and you can guess what happened next. I was chained up in a dungeon for 16 hours a day with a healer beside me at all times. He would use whips, chains, axes, swords and even his bare fist. Hell, I've even been doused in gasoline and burnt alive."

Asia covers her mouth. "Oh my... I'm so sorry."

"I even found him all broken inside a punching bag once." Rias looked disgusted.

"Why didn't you do anything about it?" Issei asked.

You look at him. "She couldn't. Her parents were close friends with mine, and there's also that Rias was only ten at the time so her magic was weak too and I doubt her parents would listen to a ten-year-old. Anyway like I was saying, they didn't touch me below the elbows and knees so I could still wear t-shirts and shorts unsuspiciously. Rias found out when she came to my house and my parents said I was out with friends. That's when she heard screaming from the basement and snuck in. This went on for a solid seven years. I didn't even know why he did it. Guess that's something to ask him before I kill him."

"Damn bro, you've been through some tough stuff. It's getting late now. You guys want to call it a night?" Issei says.

"Yeah. I'm pretty tired. Night guys!" You say as you walk to your room.

The next day

After you complete your morning routine, you head downstairs with six boxes of chocolate. "Happy valentines day!" You shout. You hand the boxes to everyone.

"Aww you're so sweet!" Akeno replied.

"Yeah! If I was gay I'd totally date you. But seriously no homo dude." Issei laughed.

Koneko tugs your shirt. "Umm thanks.."

"No problem!" You smile.

Issei looks at Rias. "Rias? Will you be my valentine?"

Rias cries tears of joy. "You don't know how long I've been waiting to hear those words. She pulls him into a kiss. Everyone cheers.

Koneko Pov

'Well, it's now or never!' "Hey, Y\N? Will you be my v-valentine?" You gulp.

Y\N POV

Her golden eyes meet yours. You pull her into a hug as a huge blush spreads across both of your faces. You whisper in her ear. "I love you Koneko, I will gladly be your valentine."

--------A\N sorry about no chapter yesterday guys. I tried to make this one longer to make up for it. things should be returning to a regular schedule of one chapter per day and thanks guys for getting this to 600 reads!----------