chapter 8

Derik pov

Tonight Alicia will come to my pack house. That means that I first have to make sure about somethings.

First of everybody needs to understand that they can't show or say any wolf stuff around her.

I know the pack wants a reason for this. So I will tell them the truth. That I have found my future luna.

I just hope I don't scare her away.

Ow and I have to get the actual stuff used for the project. But I can ask a pack member to get that for me.

Then I hear a knock on my door. Enter I say.

Heey says felicia. Felicia then tells me how she wants to play with me.

'Sweety' I say to felicia 'you know I can always make time for you.' She comes to skit on my lap looking at the papers confused. Then she ask what I am working on.

When I want to start explaining everything,I hear an other knock. 'You can come in' I say.

It was my beta on the door. 'Man felicia got you wind around her finger.' He laughs at my position.

'That's why she is my little sister. She knows she can make me do anything.' I sigh back.

'How do you think my big sister is doing.' My beta asks. I can see the sadness in his eyes. ,'I think she is doing fine, why ask now though.'

'My wolf started acting different. He seems to think that she is close. But it can also be that he acts that way because of my mate.'

'I can't wait until our mates arrive.'

'Both of your mates?' Felicia ask curiously.

'Yes baby sis I found my mate. She doesn't know it though because she is a human.'

'Can I see her Derik. I won't tell her anything. '

'No, you have to go home. Maybe I can ask her to come in the weekend then you can see her.'

'Yes yes yes.' She shouts enthusiastically.

'But now you have to go home.' I tell her.

After a bit of pouting she get of my lap. And goes downstairs.

'So is everything ready for tonight.' Xander asks.

'No can you get the stuff for our project. You know the cardboard and crafts stuff.'

'Sure no problem. The girls should arrive here in about 15 minutes.'

'Thanks man I am just quickly going to grab a shower.'

My beta leaves and I first mindlink everyone in the pack house. Now that they know that there is going to be a human tonight. They will keep the wolf stuff hidden.

So time for my shower.

Fifteen minutes later the girls show up.

'Hey Eva do you want to stay with us or do you prefer to watch some tv while we work. Xander asks her.

'I think I would prefer to help. I can't leave Alicia all alone. Her sister would have my head.' She laughs.

'You know she isn't that bad. She is just protective over me.' Alicia laughs.

And with that we started working on our project.

It went pretty fast because we all knew what to do and Eva helped a lot.

At 9 the girls decided to go home. They didn't want to worry Alicia's mom.

'Hearing Alicia talk about her protective sister makes me miss mine more. And it doesn't help that she has the same name.' Says Xander after they left.

'I wonder why she ran away from.' Says dylan.

'I think it was because my patents never wanted a daughter.' Xander sighs. 'But I really want my sister back.' He adds

'We looked when she first went missing. She couldn't have gotten to far then. And we still try to find her.' I tell him.

'I know but ever since her 13th birthday, her name never popped up. Not even once. Never a Kelsy Jones.' Xander says sad.

'She might still be alive. Maybe she changed her name.' Dylan interrupts.

'Yeah but how can I find her if she changed her name. She can be on the other side of the world.' He says quite angrily.

'Would she know her parents died.' Nataniel asks.

'I don't think so.' Xander says.

'Only the pack knows about that fire.' I add.

'Do you think so would come back if she knew it was just me?' Xander says but more to himself.

'Too many things we don't know. Maybe we can play some videogames to get distracted.' I suggest.

We all agree that that is the best thing to do now.

We were playing videogames and I was winning.

'Time for the master match. This match is between Derik and Dylan.' Yells Nathaniel enthusiastic.

We were already playing for quite some time so now it's about midnight. But we all wanted to play one last round.

'Come on bro. Your better then Derik.' Yells Nathaniel.

'Your the alpha, you can beat him.' Yells Xander to me.

We were going neck to neck. Until all of a sudden

Dylan howls.

'No no no, she has to be okay. She can't be dead. I never got to explain myself.' He starts yelling.

'Who has to be okay?'we all ask dumbfounded.

'No no no' is all he kept saying.

'Does your wolf feel anything?' I ask Nathaniel.

'No my wolf is as confused as all of us.' He said

'So its nothing with your family.' I ask again

'I am sure my wolf would feel it as well.' He says again.

'Dylan you have to tell us what is wrong. We can't help like this.' I ask dylan again.

'My mate. I didn't want to reject her. She ran away before I could explain myself.' He says and I could see all the guilt in his eyes.

'Why didn't you ask us to help you find her?' I ask him.

'I thought I could find her before you guys knew. Then I didn't had to explain why she thinks I rejected her.'

'When did you find her?' I ask.

'A little over a year ago on my 16th birthday.' He says looking guilty.

'She heard me talk to some people how I didn't want a mate. And that mates are the worst.' He added.

'Then I saw her and I knew I was wrong but before I could tell her she ran away crying. I wanted to go after her but then everyone came to get me to the stage. I thought I could go to her house to explain afterwards. But she left a note saying she can't bare the thoughts to see me with other girls.' He finished.

'Amanda Greenwood' I say. 'Her parents said she want missing then. She is the only one that went missing around that time.' I finish.