chapter 4

Derik pov

I woke up because my dad yelled that I needed to get up. 'Its your first day of school today and I still want to talk to you about that new pack.' He said.

'Yeah dad just let me take a shower first' I said. I took a long shower because I got distracted at thoughts about the new pack. Maybe my mate was one of them.

I am 17 now and wolves shift for the first time around their 16th birthday. When we have shifted we are able to find our mate, our other halve. The one made for us.

I would do anything for my mate. Whipped my wolf replied sweetly. I know that I havent even found her, but I would give up my alpha title if it would make her happy.

'Derik if you're not down here in five minutes, I will make you run around the pack house until fall flat on your face.' My dad yelled. I hurried up because I know he is serious.

In 4 minutes I stood dressed in his office. 'We dont know anything about the new pack except the name' he said frustrated. 'The new moon pack' I said more to myself.

'Yes and the beta is the one that talks to the other packs' my dad added. 'Do you know the name of the beta. I mean if he is the one talking to packs' I asked.

'Her name is kelsy Brown' he said. 'A female' I asked surprised. He nodded. That's new I said wondering who would pick a female beta.

'Ow and there is a rumour going that they have the strongest fighters. So try to stay on their good side will you.' My dad said.

'So if I see someone from their pack getting bullied my mine interfere.' I asked. He nodded. 'One last thing they have a human in their pack' he said.

'What??!' I said. 'The sister of the beta, doesn't know anything about weres but the whole pack loves her.'

'Special pack' I said more to my self.

When I arrived at school, I started walking to my class. Then I smelt the most amazing scent I have ever smelt.

At this moment I couldn't care less where I walked as long as I found the girl who the scent belonged to.

I stopped when I stood in front of the door to my math class. I waited for a second before I opened the door.

When I entered the classroom, I scanned the whole class with my eyes. Then I saw the most beautiful girl I have ever laid my eyes on.

She was a redhead with beautiful blue eyes. Right when I was about to start drooling, the teacher spoke.

I didn't hear a word she said but I went to my seat with my friends. Dylan asked if I was late because of felicia. I laughed and said it was because of my dad and the new pack.

The rest of the class I spent looking at her. I wanted to know the name of my mate.

My friends didn't notice that I was only looking at the girl. They actually paid attention to the class.

After a while of staring, I noticed she was a human. How did I only notice now. Because you were distracted with her body my wolf replied like you're not  I huffed at him. At least I noticed already that she isn't a shifter before you freak her out he said.

I wanted to talk to her after class but she already went to hers. And we didn't have that class in common.

I didn't see her until lunch. She was talking to this other girl about how they needed a girls night. The weird thing was that the other girl was a werewolf.

I spent the entire period looking at my sweet mate. All of a sudden it clicked in my mind. She was the human sister of the beta.

That means I definitely can't be on the bad side of the pack. I hope her pack will be okay with me telling her about werewolves.

But that is after that we are friends. Now i need to find a way to become friends with my mate.

After lunch I went to my english literature class. And I saw my mate in the same class. So I quickly mindlinked the teacher to put her in my group.

This is a great opportunity to become her friend.

After the teacher had said the different groups. My mate came to me and my friends and introduced herself. So I introduced me and my friends.

The class was over way to soon, and she went to her next class. But I think she likes us. Us as in me and my friends. Even though she looked weird at Xander. He never noticed but I did. I hope she doesn't fall for him.

He is my beta and my best friend, but he has a mate of his own. Alicia is mine.

While I went to my next class, to think about how perfect my mate is. Dylan and Nathaniel mindlinked me.

'Alicia is in our class alpha, why did you stare at her the whole time.' They both said. 'She is my mate, also the human sister of the beta of new moon.' I replied.

'We talked to her about her sister' they said after half an hour.

'What did she say' i replied curious.

'They are half sisters, same dad. Kelsy came to live with them at 16 after her mother died.'

That explain how Kelsy is a were and my mate isn't.

I just hope Kelsy will be okay that I tell her about weres. Only when she trusts me ofcourse. I won't take any chances. I don't want to ruin anything between us.

'Maybe we can invite her over to work on our english project.' I asked the twins and my beta.

'Ofcourse alpha' they all said.