chapter 6

Derik pov

I woke up from my dream of my perfect life with my mate. This was the first time I actually wanted to go to school.

Only because I would see my mate there. I mean I even paid less attention to my classes then before. Last year I only paid attention because I didn't have anything to do during the day otherwise.

Now I want to go to school for my two periods and lunch where I can see my mate.

Once I got downstairs my beta came to me. alpha the blood hunter was close last night. I already told you there was a rogue sighting last night. When patrol went to check it out this morning they just found a puddle of blood.

'The sign of the blood hunter, does the council or any other pack have a lead on this hunter?'

No my beta replied '5 years of the blood hunter attacking rogues. The only thing that they are fairly certain about is that he works alone. That is probably also the reasons no packs are attacked yet.'

'I thought the council believed some werewolf caused the blood hunter to become the blood hunter and that he won't stop until he has his revenge.' My beta told me.

'We can only hope he stops before he attacks a pack. And he is very close to my pack so i want the patrols doubled.'

Before I left to go to school I sent some of my trackers to see if they can find any scent that can give me a lead.

On my way to school one of the trackers mindlinked me to tell me that all they could smell was blood. But they found prisons that were broken open very close to the camp of the rogues.

I was sitting in my first class when I saw my mate enter. I smiled at her and motioned to sit next to me.

'Eva do you mind sitting with the boys?' I could hear her ask her friend next to her. Eva shook her head, and they went into my direction.

I could smell that Eva was a werewolf. They both came so sit with me dylan and Nathaniel. In the middle of the class Xander came in and I saw his eyes scan the room until they landed on the girl next to my mate.

She also looked at him with wide eyes.

The teacher also saw this and said she had to get some papers so we would get a five minute break.

Xander came to me but I saw his eyes were on Eva. 'Alpha' he whispered to me. 'The group rogues from last night are identified as the same group from the kidnappings.'

He said it so low so only I would be able to hear it. 'Are you sure? Do you have any idea what happened with the ones that were kidnapped?'

'Yes they were all found at the border of their pack. All they knew was that the blood hunter freed them. They have no idea how they ended up at their pack'

'So the blood hunter only attacks rogues. But he doesn't make a difference between the rogues?' I asked my beta.

'All we know is that from the rogues attacked nothing but blood is ever found'

'Okay time to continue the class' the teacher spoke when she entered the class again.

During the class I hear Eva tell my mate how hot Xander was. 'You know that I know someone that won't like you saying that' she laughed. 'Come on Alicia you know she will forgive me' Eva replied. 'Yeah but only if you tell everything about him' Alicia replied very seriously.

I wonder who they are talking about. But then I caught something I found very interesting. 'You can't say there isn't someone in this school thay you find hot.' Eva said. 'Sssssh he might hear you.' Alicia replied blushing.

The rest of my class went without further problems. What meant now I had to wait until lunch to see her again.

My classes until lunch took forever, but like really forever. And I kept getting mindlinks about the rogue group murdered last night.

I don't know how I have to feel about all the prisoners being returned. If they hated all werewolves they would also have killed the prisoners. But they are all safe.

I need to figure out what drives the blood hunter. Its the only way to take him down.

And if he forms a treat to my pack I will take him down. Because nobody will hurt my mate or my pack.

But now I need to find a reason to keep an extra eye on Alicia. She might not be the usual target of the blood hunter. But I won't take any chances not when it comes to my mate.

I could always ask that my english teacher gives us a big project. Then she will have to come to my pack house so we can work on it together.

Then I just have to make sure nobody says anything wolf related. With Alicia around. That can't  be to hard in a house full of wolves. With a maybe treat of a very dangerous hunter.

And an explanation of why 150 teenagers live together in a big house can't be too difficult either. Right? Maybe I can ask the mate of Xander to come along. Eva was her name. She hides the whole werewolf thing already.

'Xander' I mindlink my beta. 'Can you ask Eva to come with Alicia if I invite her over for a project for english?' ' like I would say no to seeing my mate' he replied.

'But what excuse would Alicia buy' I ask him. 'Eva said she already told Alicia she likes me so I can ask Eva to invite herself.' 'Very good idea thanks' 'no problem alpha'

'I need you to give us a project we would need to work at home at.' I mindlink the teacher. 'Usually pack members try not to get home work. But I will give you a project alpha.'