prologue

Alicia pov.

I am running in the woods in my wolf form not a relaxing run but running for my life. I am Alicia I am 6 years old, I think.

My parents were murdered, why you might ask. Because they were Alpha's from a small pack called the midnight pack.

Our neighbouring pack the blood moon pack thought it was easy to take our lands. They attacked in the middle of the night. After a pack celebration because my mother, the luna, was pregnant again.

They slaughtered everyone. I only got away because I was spending the night with a human friend. Pack celebration can be very loud and very long.

When i didn't get picked up from school the next day I knew something was wrong. I told my teacher that i forgot i was supposed to go to my aunt that day.

She lived 2 streets away from the school so i was allowed to walk there. I did went to my aunt her house but nobody was home.

I decided to run to the pack house It was a long run but since I can already shift into my wolf it was doable. I love my wolf form, I am a pure white wolf. Since we are so rare and powerful the Moongoddes made sure we can hide ourselves. We can hide our sent so we seem human and we can change the colour of our coat.

An other cool advantage is that we are immune to silver. Wolfsbane will still effect us.

When I was getting close to my pack O could smell the scent of blood. This made me run even harder.

When I reached the pack house everything was covered in blood and the dead bodies of my pack mates.

Against my better judgement I went inside. I had to know if my parents were dead.

When i arrived at the alpha floor I could see all the blood. My mother and father laid dead in the hallway. If it wasn't for their smell I wouldn't have recognised them. They had cuts all over their bodies, I know they went down fighting.

After looking throughout the whole pack house to see if anyone was alive, I concluded they I was the only one left from my pack. I swore then and there that I would avenge my pack. All the werewolves that thought it was okay to kill innocent werewolves or humans would feel my wrath.

Since then I am running, hunting to stay alive. That was about 10 months ago. And rouge life isn't easy.

Its getting late, that means its time to find a place to sleep. Since i can't really defend myself I sleep in the streets close to humans. This way no rogue will attack me. They believe I'm human anyway.

While i was walking around the town to find a place out of the wind a young couple stopped me. 'Are you lost we can help you find your mommy and daddy if you want' they said to me. 'I am alone' I answered a bit colder then I meant. 'Its to cold for you to sleep outside' they pushed. ' I have no were else to go' I said tears starting to spill. 'Come stay with us we will take care of you' they said nicely.

I agreed and went to their house. When we arrived at their house i saw an above average house. That wasn't a mansion just a nice house. We started talking and they told me they couldn't have children. I felt sorry for them. And made up my mind that if they wanted it i would stay with them. They were nice sweet and i could see the sadness in their eyes when they told me they couldn't have children.

The next morning they gave me a big breakfast. I got eggs bacon and pancakes. Since I normally eat raw rabbit this tasted like heaven.

I saw how they looked at me when I was eating breakfast. They looked nervous but hopeful. When i was done eating I thanked them for my breakfast. They said it was not a problem. Then they said they wanted to talk to me about something very important.

I got nervous and thought they wanted to know how I ended all alone on the streets. I was thinking, I couldn't tell them that I am a werewolf and all my family was slaughtered. What is a good reasons for a 6 year old to be alone on the streets.

They nervously cleared their throat. I looked up to them waiting for their questions. 'You see normally we would ask you to stay a few more days with us but we have to move in 2 days to a new city for my work. We would love you to come with us'. I was more then surprised at their question. 'Do you have to move a lot for your work' I found myself asking. 'Yes we usually stay in one place for 3 to 4 months before we move again' they answered.

I thought about it, if me move a lot I can still try to hunt rogue's. I only still need a way to get my revenge on the blood moon pack. So I do need a reason to stay here for a long time later when I am stronger. After a bit more thinking one question popped up in my mind.

'How come you didn't start packing yet if you leave in a few days' I asked them the question on my mind. 'You see this is the house I got when my parents died ' the woman replied. ' we come here during vacations to keep the house clean, so that after we retire we can come live here.'

'I would love to be your daughter' I said with a big smile on my face. I saw both their faces lit up at my reply. 'First of we need to get you some new clothes' said the woman with a very big smile.

'They seem very good people' that was the only comment from my wolf. But I knew she felt happy to have a family again.