Chapter 24

A/N: sorry for the short chapter folks! I need it for the plotline and other stuff. Hope you guys enjoy! I'll be posting the next chapter by tomorrow if I can.

.・゜-: ✧ :-  -: ✧ :-゜・.

Y/N POV

The next match after mine, was Kiri-san versus Tetsutetsu. I did have interest to watch two clones fight each other, but Ochaco-chan is up next, so I'd best help or cheer her on. The waiting room was just across where I was; there was chatter inside the room, or so.  there were other people in the waiting room.

I opened the door, Izuku and Tenya, standing right in front of me. "You need a counter strategy for kacchan. One that uses your quirk. I came up with this on the fly, but it might work!" A determined Izuku, said. Tenya took notice, nodding at me. "How fortunate for you Uraraka!" Tenya exclaimed.

Good for Ochaco-chan. Ochaco-chan seemed glad at Izu's helpful manner, but her expression is telling me something else. "But.. That's okay." Ochaco-chan said. Izu and Tenya both shared a hum in confusion. Startled by Ochaco-chan's immediate response, they let her continue.

"You're amazing Deku. You do amazing things all the time. During the cavalry battle, I thought the easiest strategy would be teaming up with friends. When I think about it, I was actually putting my faith in you." She didn't want to rely on anyone this time. My lips formed into a smile, a feeling of a proud mother.

The brunette stood up from the chair, the latter heading for the doorway. "That's why Iida said, 'I challenge you' and all that. It left me feeling a little embarrassed about myself." 

"Uraraka.." Izuku muttered.

"That's why, thanks but no thanks!" She exclaimed. Ochaco-chan turned to her back, shooting a thumbs up. "I'll see you in the finals!" She says, quivering.

I moved away from the doorway, Ochaco-chan exiting and making her way towards the tunnels. "Good luck!" I shouted. Izu got startled from the sudden yell, yelping in surprise. "H-How long were you there?!" Izuku asked.

"Long enough to hear about the plan." I chuckled.

"Now then, let's move! The next match is about to start!" 90 degree angles yelled.

゚+*:;;:* *:;;:*+゚

"A CELEBRITY SINCE HIS MIDDLE SCHOOL DAYS, WITH A FACE ONLY A MOTHER COULD LOVE. IT'S KATSUKI BAKUGOU FROM THE HERO COURSE!!" The blond entered the ring with a.. Determined face?

"VERSUS— MY PERSONAL PICK!! OCHACO URARAKA, ALSO FROM THE HERO COURSE!" The bias is real. Good luck Ochaco-chan!

Tenya, moved closer to Izu. The male facing the cinnamon roll. "You said earlier, you thought of a counter-strategy for her against Bakugou. What was it?" Tenya asked.

"Oh! It's nothing special, really." Izuku went on, explaining the strategy that Ochaco-chan would've taken. I took notes of Izuku's small lecture, if I ever faced Katsu-nii. The blond's invincibility in close quarters would be challenging, but hey, I've beaten him in training just before the sports festival.

The match begun. Ochaco-chan started by charging right at Katsu-nii. The pomeranian won't back-off, he'd start off with his classic right hook attack. I slid at the edge of my seat, watching intently, of how this match would go. Katsu-nii, reeled his right arm backwards, the attack incoming.

A direct explosion, right on Ochaco-chan's face. She was too late to dodge, and the blond obviously saw the attempt. Smoke still lingered over the blast area. Ochaco-chan not in sight. Only a jacket, lying in the area. She threw her jacket and hid among the smoke. Clever move.

"SHE THREW HER JACKET OVER AND SENT IT FLOATING, ON THE FLY!" Yamada-kun noted. She reached out for a tap, only to be met by another explosion, sending her meters back. Katsu-nii's reflexes were astounding. No wonder he's one of the best in our class. Still, something felt uneasy from his quick reaction and body posture. As if he was cautious.

Ochaco-chan went on another run; however Katsu-nii, negated the attack. Wind pressure was flowing everywhere from the blast. The smoke cleared, Ochaco-chan charging again, and Katsu-nii sending another blast. To be honest.. This was difficult to watch. She's getting desperate by the minute.

"Ochaco.." Tsu-chan muttered. Kyo-chan covered her eyes, refusing to observe any longer. "Ugh. So bakugou's that type of guy huh?" Strange comment, Mineta.

"I'M NOT DONE YET!!" A bruised Ochaco-chan shouted. Charge, after charge, after charge and explosions only coming her way when she gets close. I was worried for her, yet thankful for Katsu-nii being cautious. he wasn't underestimating her. Ochaco-chan wanted a fight, and he's giving her one hell of a match.

I noticed something while eying the zone. Small debris floating upwards, remaining up there with a huge amount of rubble. So she does have a plan, distracting Katsu-nii until the air filled with fragments of rock and cement. I'm surprised the pro heroes haven't noticed the massive meteor shower, floating in the air.

"Hey!! That's not the way someone who wants to be a hero acts!" What?
"If you're so much stronger than her, just throw her out of the ring and be done with it!! Stop toying with the poor girl!!"
"Yeah he's right!"

I am completely speechless. These words coming from a pro hero. Can't they see he's being careful with his defense?!

The crowd rebuked Katsu-nii's actions, more and more joined in on the protest. Knowing Shota, he has something to say about this irrational hassel.

"A GROUP IN THE CROWD HAS STARTED BOOING BAKUGOU!! BUT TO BE HONEST, I AGR—ACK! AN ELBOW?!"

"Who is the man responsible for this uproar How many years have you been on active duty?" Oh boy, here it is.

"If that's what your taking away from this, you can leave. No point in winning. Go home and start looking at job hunting sites."

"She's come this far, and Bakugou knows her strength. His caution shows that he recognizes her as a worthy opponent. It's exactly because he wants to win so badly; that there's no room for carelessness or holding back." Clean, simple and rational, Thoroughly explained as well. Shota knows when and how to speak up when necessary. That's what makes him a great teacher.

Ochaco-chan, despite being battered, scratched and wounded, was still standing tall. Ochaco-chan muttered something, directed towards Katsu-nii. She thanked him for not letting his guard down, for concentrating on her. So that's what the rubble was for; an attack from above to distract Katsu-nii for Ochaco-chan to make a move.

She tapped both of her fingers together, the debris collapsing down. "A METEOR SHOWER?!" Yamada-kun exclaimed. This was it. All this depends on her attack.

Katsu-nii raised his head upwards, staring at the shower of rubble. Soon, his hand as well was facing the last ditch attack.

A man full of pride, determination and strength, will simply... Refuse to accept this situation.

*BOOM!!!

A huge explosion erupted. The shockwave blowing it's wind pressure all around the stadium. I couldn't believe it, yet I knew he was gonna do something like that. He destroyed Ochaco-chan's meteor shower and sent her back further onto the ground at the same time.

"WOAH WHAT AN EXPLOSION!! URARAKA'S SECRET PLAN JUST WENT UP IN SMOKE!!"

Ochaco-chan dragged herself back up, facing Katsu-nii again. I don't wanna see this. She can't do it with the toll inflicted upon her. I was right.. She collapsed onto the ground, not moving an inch further. Ochaco-chan lost.

"Shit.." I mumbled.

Nemuri-chan goes off the podium, kneeling next to Ochaco-chan. "Uraraka is unable to continue. Bakugou moves on to the second round!!" She announced.

The die was cast, right from the start.