I reach for my headscarf and begin to tie it beneath my hair, but when my eyes meet my reflection in the mirror, I realise Kylo was right, that I looked like too much of a servant with it on; and I suppose I theoretically was, but Kylo Ren also told me I wasn't quite anymore.

I grin to myself. No I wasn't. I'm not Kylo's servant nor concubine, for there is a good somewhere in him that won't let me be and for that I am loyal and grateful – I guess you can't train a dog with only pain and electrocution.

All of a sudden, from nowhere came the sound of a ringing... alarm? Pulling me from my thoughts as I was brought back sharply into focus. The alarm could be described as something between a guttural cry and a shriek. It was infuriating, it grated my nerves and made me grind my teeth. But it was very effective as I followed it's piercing cry into the kitchen area.

Knitting my eyebrows together in question, I am met with the sight of a blue hologram shining from the kitchen counter. I had never seen anything quite like it before and I was weary beneath its sapphire hue.

'Incoming Call from Sector 2.17408.'
It's flashing words told me and my eyes squinted, "A call?"

'Speak to accept.'

"What?" I breathe, my confusion only growing. Who would be calling me? Was it for Kylo? I'll just ignore it because

'Call Accepted.'

"Wait! No, no!" I suddenly gape with my hands held up defensively as if I could take back what I had just accidentally done.

"Six."

Suddenly, a miniature, blue Kylo Ren was standing on the counter, the hologram deflecting in the air every-once and a while. My jaw dropped. My heart leapt.

Kylo Ren raised an eyebrow. A shadow on once side of his unreadable features as he stood beneath the folds of his black robes.

"Kylo?" I squint.

I don't dare to move or even breathe, I'm frozen to the spot. I can feel my heart pounding in my chest and the hairs on my arms stand to attention as a thousand chills trickle down my spine. Is he really there or is it just my imagination? The beating gets louder and louder... surely, if he is truely here, he can hear this cacophonous thrumming rhythm.

"I almost thought you weren't going to answer my call," Kylo says. Okay, he is really here... but at the same time he isn't. He's just a little hologram of himself: so why am I so nervous?

"Oh, W-Well I don't really know how to use..." I retort, gesturing to him in front of me, "... This device?"

He stares right through me as if I was the hologram rather than him. "It came up with instructions did it not?"

"Yes, but I didn't particularly know if it was a call intended for you or not." I say.

Kylo Ren hums, clasping his hands over one another. The leather gloves hiding the thick veins and strong knuckles upon his pale tone. "Just remember the coordinates for next time I call you from over here."

Next time. Is Kylo Ren really going out of his way to talk to me?

I don't want to chew on my nails or lips, so I find myself gnawing on the inside of my cheek in attempts to suppress a giddy smile. Soon the taste of blood fills my mouth. "How is everything?"

To describe his facial expression would be like describing a blank sheet of paper. He could have been in a coma for all the life his face showed. But this was the way he had always greeted me: like I was nothing.