ℂ𝕙. 𝟛𝟡 | ℝ𝕖𝕚𝕟𝕔𝕒𝕣𝕟𝕒𝕥𝕚𝕠𝕟

Irene's eyes slowly awakened from the sunlight shining down on her face through the window. She looked around the room, realizing she was at the hospital. Hoseok was next to her bed, dozing off in his sleep on the chair.

"When's the last time I was here?" she asked herself as she sat up, wincing at the sharp pain on her side. "Ow! My god."

"Irene?" his eyes snapped open. "You're awake!"

"I'm not dead," she stretched her neck. "God, it hurts."

"I mean, you got stabbed," Hoseok gave her an apologetic look. "He was trying to stab me, but you jumped in the way for me."

"Of course I did," Irene gave him a look. "You're my best friend. Plus I'm immortal, I can't die."

"Still though," Hoseok said. "You got stabbed for me. What if it was a gun?"

"Then I'd let you get shot," she replied without hesitation.

"Wow, thanks bestie."

Irene only laughed.

The door to her room opened, in coming Yoongi with a bag of fast food. His eyes landed on Irene, who seemed to just woken up.

"How're you feeling?" he set the bag down on the table.

"I'm fine," she shrugged.

Hoseok got up to the bag, taking the food out. "I told Yoongi to just get you anything except chicken, since you don't like chicken."

"I got you a hamburger," Yoongi gave it to her.

"Thanks," she unwrapped it.

After the police arrived at the house, they found Jay's dead body on the ground with a pool of blood under him and Yoongi and Hoseok sitting next to Irene who got stabbed in the stomach. Jay was obviously dead, making the case a murder attempted suicide.

Irene was taken to the emergency room soon after, Hoseok and Yoongi staying overnight. During that time, Hoseok and Yoongi had informed everyone about what happened. This of course making all of them rush to the hospital, only to get kicked out for being to rowdy. Yoongi just around the corner, witnessing everything.

So then they were standing outside the hospital with Yoongi explaining everything that happened, scolding them as well.

"We were worried!" Jungkook whined.

"That makes no excuse to burst into the hospital and demand where Irene is!" Yoongi flicked his forehead. "You made the poor receptionist this close to quitting her job on the spot!"

"That wasn't our fault!" Taehyung said. "She was having a bad day."

"Yeah she maybe was having a bad day, but somebody had to yell at her for not responding to his question a second after he asked," Namjoon gave him a look.

"Okay," Taehyung crossed his arms. "I was a little impatient."

"A little?" Jimin asked. "You were like, 'Tell me where she is! Tell me where she is right now or I'm going up there myself'!"

"Whatever," Yoongi rolled his eyes. "We're all fine now, and everything's solved."

"So Jay's in prison now?" Jin inquired.

"He's dead."

"What?" Jin's eyes widened, his 58 cm shoulders tensing up. "How?"

"He took his own life," Yoongi answered. "Right in front of us."

"I'm sorry you had to see that," Jimin apologized.

"It's fine," Yoongi shrugged as if it weren't no big deal, but it kinda was. He was traumatized seeing such a thing you only see in movies, happen in real life. It is truly more horrifying in real life. "I just don't think I want to live there anymore."

"That's understandable," Namjoon nodded. "So have you told Hoseok?"

Yoongi shook his head. "I don't want to bring the topic of moving up when we just went through... you know. I'll tell him eventually, just not now."

Yoongi snapped out of his thoughts, remembering about his conversation with the others. He turned to Hoseok, who was talking to Irene. He didn't know what they were talking about, but it was probably something stupid.

He watched the two talk. Watched as Hoseok told Irene jokes, laughed at her jokes, moved his hands as he talked, turn to Yoongi after realizing he's been staring at him.

Wait.

Yoongi quickly looked out the window, pretending he wasn't just staring at the love of his life.

Hoseok smirked at him, but decided not to tease him. Irene rolling her eyes at this. "God I feel like a third wheel," he groaned. "When can I find my Seulgi?"

"Who's that?" Hoseok asked.

"My soulmate," she answered.

"Oh," Hoseok nodded. "Is she..."

"She's been dead," Irene shrugged.

"I'm sorry," Hoseok apologized.

"It's fine," Irene said. "Do you believe in reincarnation?"

"Reincarnation?"

"Yeah," Irene nodded. "You know, the cycle of living and dying on repeat."

"I don't know," Hoseok replied. "I never thought about what happens after you die?"

"Well I do," Irene said. "And you know what I believe? I believe my soulmate had reincarnated."

"How does that work?" Hoseok asked. "Would you be soulmates again?"

"Of course," Irene nodded. "I haven't met her yet, but I believe she's out there living life. She's always been like that."

Hoseok smiled sadly at Irene. He knew how much she missed her soulmate, and he prayed to every single mythical fucking being out there, that the two will meet once again. And he believes they will.

Because they're soulmates.

Author note:
Do you guys read WEBTOON? I was gonna list all the Webtoon's I've been reading, but that's too much. Do you guys have any recommendations?

I recommend Love Advice from the Great Duke of Hell. It's stupid and funny, and I love it so much.