ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟝 | 𝕋𝕙𝕖 𝕋𝕚𝕘𝕖𝕣 𝕒𝕟𝕕 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝔾𝕖𝕟𝕚𝕦𝕤

"So, let me get this straight..." Jin spoke, turning his body to Taehyung as they walked, "You RM's number just by being friends with one of the producers in the same company he works in?"

"I honestly don't know how I did it," Taehyung shook his head. The fact that he has Namjoon's number is still surreal, even after a day of him thinking about it, "It all happened so fast."

Jin wasn't really a fan of RM, but Taehyung talks about him a lot. He knew RM was a very special person to Taehyung, and he can also understand that this was one of the biggest things that happened in Taehyung's life. It wasn't everyday where you meet an idol and exchange phone numbers. The thought never really crosses your mind.

"Well I'm happy for you. This is your once-in-a-lifetime chance to get closer to RM."

"I don't want to rush things. You should wait at least 24 hours before texting the other person."

"That's when you're on a date."

"Well then I don't want to sound clingy."

Jin rolled his eyes, "Just ask him saying, 'Is this RM?'"

"Genius!" Taehyung cheered and pulled Jin into a hug, "You're a genius!"

"I get that a lot," Jin smiled and patted Taehyung's back before pulling away, "Now go get him tiger!"

Taehyung nodded, pulling out his phone. He then proceeded to type, then delete, then type, and then delete. Finally, he was left with the final product: Hi! This is Taehyung from the café, is this Namjoon?

"Should I get rid of the exclamation point, or replace the 'hi' with a 'hey?'" Taehyung turned to Jin who leaned over to look at the screen.

"I mean, you already typed 'hi', but it does seem too overly excited. How about a 'sup?'"

"No!" Taehyung protested, "That'll make me sound like a bro. Plus, it doesn't radiate gay vibes. I want him to know I'm gay without me telling him!"

"The fact that he knows you're a big, big fan of his, kinda gives him the impression that you're gay," Jin shrugged,
"Maybe he want's the Taebooty," he slapped Taehyung's ass.

"Did you just slap my ass in public?!" Taehyung screamed.

"I mean, there's gotta be a reason why he gave you his number?"

"Yeah," Taehyung nodded.

"Maybe you should ask him that too?" Jin suggested, "That is if that's the real RM."

Taehyung highlights the word 'Hi!' in his sentence and switched it to 'Hi.' He showed the phone to Jin, earning a nod. Then he clicked send without a second thought. A sigh left his mouth. Not a tired, frustrated one, more like a nervous sigh. An anticipating sigh.

XXX-XXX-XXXX
Hi. This is Taehyung from the café, is this Namjoon?

Taehyung's name was the first thing Namjoon saw when his phone lit up. He smiled and quickly grabbed his phone, unlocking it with Face ID.

Taehyung
Hi. This is Taehyung from the café, is this Namjoon?
Read 4:43pm

"He read it!" Taehyung screamed.

"He did?" Jin screamed back. Taehyung shoved the phone in his best friend's face, showing him, "Oh my lord, he did!"

"He- He's not texting back," Taehyung frowned at his screen.

"Give him time. He's an idol, he's probably busy with idol things, you know?" Jin reassured, "Come on, let's get going to Hoseok's shop."