ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟚𝟟 | 𝕋𝕙𝕖 ℙ𝕒𝕤𝕥

A long, long, long, time ago...

Irene was the beginning of the red string of fate. She was given the power to see the string that connected people. Not only that, but she could see her own as well. She am immortal, and she doesn't age. She's lived for 100's of years, and many mistake her for a god.

No, she's not a god. She's just immortal.

She thought she was different from others. She thought that for a long time, until she met someone. A woman named Seulgi.

She was just like Irene.

Seulgi could see the red string as well, and she could see the string that connected the two. The only difference was that Seulgi wasn't immortal. But that didn't stop their love.

"Look!" she tugged on Irene's arm, pointing to two people who had just bumped into each other.

"Oh, I am so sorry," he apologized, holding his hand out for the girl to take.

And she did, she grabbed his hand. Seulgi and Irene saw the string connecting the two. And she saw the little sparkles in their eyes.

"Love at first sight," she smiled. "Just like us, Irene."

She smiled, "We're cuter."

"Duh," she rolled her eyes playfully.

Irene only smiled, pecking her lips.

"YOU WHAT?!" Irene screamed at Seulgi. "How could you just give away something like that?"

"I put my hands on her head, and just passed the power to her-"

"Thats not what I meant!" Irene yelled. "That power to see soulmates. It was something special that we had!"

"That wasn't the only thing we have," Seulgi cupped her cheeks.

Irene only backed away. All her life, she's never met someone who was just like her. Someone who could see something so amazing. But then Seulgi just gave it away, like it was nothing.

"Who'd you give it to?"

"My friend named Jung Wheein," Seulgi said. "She was desperate to see her soulmate, and I-"

"So you just gave it away?" Irene asked in utter disbelief. "I can't believe you."

"She just wanted to see her soulmate," Seulgi frowned.

Irene suddenly got up from her seat on the couch, leaving out the door.

Wheein was walking on the streets alone, but she felt and heard footsteps behind her. She turned away, alarmed. And she saw a woman. She was beautiful, but she looked pissed. Pissed at her.

"The power of soulmates you have," Irene spoke. "It was selflessly given to you for a selfish reason."

"Excuse me?" Wheein asked. "I'm sorry, but who are you?"