Chapter 9

On the walk to the Uchiha residence, Naruto had tried to withdraw his hand more than once. Sasuke only held on tighter to reassure him he didn't care that people stared at them.

The teen walked in not acknowledging his brother as he took Naruto straight upstairs.

The blond sat down on the floor resting on the bed frame. Sasuke's room was the size of his apartment.
"You know you can sit on the bed, right?"

"I'm more comfortable here." He closed his eyes.

Sasuke sat down next to him. "I honestly was so tired last night I didn't even realize how eerily you resemble the Fourth Hokage."

"Oh that..."

"I'm not falling for your fake dumb charade." He replied quickly, yet Sasuke understood; he might have been pushing Naruto to share more than he was comfortable with. "Is it something you can't talk about?"

"Lord Third had recently given me the green light. But it's not something I have talked about before."

"Green light? So he really is your father?" Sasuke looked at Naruto in shock as he nodded.

"People think Kyū and I are the same person. When I was a kid; I never knew why they told me I stole the Hokage's face. They often made little horrible scary stories that if you ever show me kindness I'll eat your face and shape shift to look like you and then eat the rest of your family."

"And people believed that?" Sasuke furrowed his eyebrows. He might have heard a similar story from his nanny when he was much younger.

"You didn't?" Naruto asked back.

"I was honestly scared but I remember my mother was unreasonably angry at my nanny. She sat down and told me something I would never forget. She said not all monsters are bad and not all people are good. Something along those lines."

"She sounds like a nice person." Naruto hugged his legs closer. "Kyūbi is not that bad, dattebayo? He's whiny and annoying but he is the closest thing I had to a brother."
Still Naruto had Kyūbi sealed up to have a break from the nine tails.

"She was," Sasuke smiled his eyes focusing on the picture frame above his desk of him with his mother. But his attention was quickly caught by Naruto again. "The nine tails who attacked us is not that bad?" His anger was evident.

"I told you, Kaasan was the Jīnchuriki. Someone must have planned an attack because Kyūbi was extracted from her. The seal was purposefully broken. Kyū doesn't remember the attack. It was as if he was under a very powerful genjutsu. He told me when he gained back control, Minato-san and Kushina-san were moments away from their death. He told me Kaasan's last words. I know they loved me down to their last breath ever; but...I wish I got to know them."

Sasuke carefully moved his arm around Naruto taking his immobility as a sign to hold him.

He brought him close. The raven couldn't imagine what it felt like having to live with your parents' murderer. The one thing you would hate most.

Naruto not hating Kyūbi was inconceivable to the raven. So Sasuke took those words as lies Naruto tried to convince himself of.

Sasuke heard those soft snores again and this time he didn't dare move.

After an hour, Sasuke's shoulder was aching and his bum numbed but Naruto was still peacefully sleeping.