Chapter 40

The servant behind the young teen bowed deeply to Sasuke. Out of the two Uchiha, the younger had a worse temper and he was already shooting dagger eyes at her.

Of course, he would. After all, he had instructed that this specific person doesn't enter their house let alone his bedroom, and more specifically his closet.

"What is the meaning of this?" Sasuke asked calmly, not bothering to stand up.

The twenty-year-old man looked at them both, his eyes lingering on Sasuke.
"I wanted to talk to you," he stated. "privately." He added

"There's nothing more to say," the Uchiha replied more annoyed. "Did you think I was joking?"

His lavender pupil-less eyes glanced at Naruto who was looking at him in the eyes, without that foretelling blank look, did this mean Naruto had sight back? "I was hoping you were,"

"Neji, this old game of yours has exceeded annoyance." Sasuke stood up; Naruto held his arm immediately. The raven turned to glare at his boyfriend for stopping him, but those blue eyes calmed him immediately. "You should leave, Neji."

"I'm allowed to fight for your love, I challenge Uzumaki Naruto for a duel."

"Are you out of your mind-"

"I know he is more capable of fighting than he lets off; despite his alleged blindness and weakness."

Naruto sighed. "Sasuke's love is something you won't get even if you do win. I told you before, Sasuke is not a prize. You refuse to acknowledge his feelings yet you expect him to flock to you. You're delusional,"

"What do you know about him?!"

"I should ask you that. You're so hell-bent on Sasuke that I'm curious, what do you know that makes you love him so much?" Naruto fired back.

"..."

"You cannot even give me an answer." Naruto exasperated. "What would us fighting fix? You represent the Hyūga and I represent the Hokage office, twofold. Adding to that, Sasuke is second heir to the Uchiha clan. Us fighting, no matter who wins wouldn't end well. So we can settle this with something less violent. Pick a game... any game, and I'll accept your challenge."

"Three games, Gō, Shogi, and chess." Neji replied almost instantly, confident in his ability to win as he perceived his intelligence superior to Naruto's.

Three strategy games, Naruto thought the Hyūga heir was surely condescending to think so lowly of him. "So be it, but just to be clear. I am not fighting for Sasuke's love, I already have his as he has mine. But I fight you for disrespecting his wishes. If I win you will apologize to Sasuke for bothering him, you will no longer seek him, and..." Naruto held Sasuke's hand tighter and pulled him closer in his arms. "You will acknowledge us as a couple."

Neji gritted his teeth, "I accept. 4pm at the central Konoha park, I will wait for you. If you don't come it'll be considered a natural forfeit."

"Don't flatter yourself," Naruto stood his ground. "What is it you want if you win?"

"A chance with Sasuke,"

"That's not something I can give you," Naruto looked at his boyfriend. "Do you accept?"

"You are certain you will win?" Sasuke looked Naruto right in the eyes, doubtful to agree to anything that could backfire.

"What do you think?" The blond answered with a smile.

"I trust you, so I'll accept." Sasuke answered in a heartbeat. He trusted Naruto with his life. "If this discussion is over, please see Hyūga-san out."