Chapter 30

The wooden mask she hid her face with bounced on the floor a couple of times before it stopped. Her violet eyes widened as the throbbing on her cheek registered.

This brat... This brat she inexplicably felt the need to save just had the audacity to slap her.

Naruto only reacted subconsciously at the ridiculous proposal of killing Sasuke. As if he could ever bring himself to do such a thing. But he couldn't help but stare at the stranger with his chakra vision. This was the first time he 'saw' that face yet he thought she looked familiar.

"You stupid brat! You dare hit me?! I'm here trying to save what's left of the world and you mock me?!" She hit him on the head repetitively, "I will kill you myself, dattebane!!"

Naruto only blushed as she yelled at him, he didn't dare stop her after all he did cross a line. She made him feel like a kid. But he dropped his defensive hands when he heard the last word.

If there was one thing he knew about Uzumaki Kushina, that would be her verbal tic, the one he inherited. Everyone who knew his mother told him about it.

"Kono-san..." Naruto's serious voice made her stop her antiques. "Is your real name Uzumaki Kushina by any chance?"

"It doesn't ring a bell, why?" She picked up her mask, seemingly calmer. "Was she someone you knew? Do I look like her?"

"You...You just sort of reminded me of someone. Never mind, now is not the time." Naruto pushed the idea away. He was to some extent certain, the woman in front of him was his mother. But if she didn't remember, he needn't complicate things. Specially now of all time.
"I'm bringing Sasuke back," he proclaimed. "Whatever it takes," 

"Don't delude yourself with lies-..."

"It's not a lie. Sasuke..." Naruto's eyes softened. "He extended his hand for me even when I was too scared to hold on. I won't walk away from him, not again-..."

An explosion interrupted their conversation. Although the attack hadn't caused a single dent or crack in Naruto's fortified barrier.
The blond could see from that far of a great distant, the assailant was none other than Uchiha Sasuke. He teleported hastily to the battlefield.

Sasuke floated in mid-air, his hair a grey-ish ashy colour, eyes bloody red with a pattern Naruto had never witnessed before, which exaggerated his pale complexion. And the most interesting feature of all, Sasuke had horns, he barely looked human.

"Sasuke..." The blond's words got cut off by a physical attack. Naruto allowed himself to be knocked behind the barrier, he watched as his boyfriend attempted to follow and used several bīju bombs to try to destroy the obstacle between him and Konoha.

'Chōmei, what happens when all tailed beasts are sealed within one person?'

"We become Jyūbi, we're no longer sentient. They might have gotten some of my chakra somehow, because I can feel it from him,"

'So in theory, if we seperate the Bīju Sasuke should be able to return,'

"Technically speaking the ten tailed Jīnchuriki does not die upon extraction," she noted from her memory of the sage of six paths surviving. "However,..."

'However?'

"We don't have information on what your boyfriend really is, that redhead knows; we should go talk to her before we do anything else." Chōmei advised.

Naruto focused his vision on Sasuke who didn't cease attacking for a single moment. He disappeared to talk back to the redhead, Konoha was safe under his unbreakable barrier.