Chapter 17

Hannah's POV:

I screamed as the lifeless body fell atop of me. It's flesh was ragged and peeling against my own. It snapped around its neck trying to bite me. I dug my nails into its flesh, pushing it from my body. They sunk in without ease. I screamed as I saw a horde of the zombies advance at the sound. I kicked my legs, trying to hurl it away. The stench was awful, meat left out for months. It's face was a mask of blood and sores. Unhealed blisters swelled across its cheeks, mangled flesh excuses its self for a nose. I screamed again, trying to find my knife holstered in my belt. It took this opportunity to dig its teeth into my shoulder. I rolled my head around in pain. It sucked out its sharp teeth, and swung its head down again, feeding on the wound. I clenched my teeth and sung the knife at its back. I took pleasure at the thunking sound. I stabbed it repeatingly, fed by the pain as it clamped down its jaw. I saw my blade break through its decaying stomach, its fermenting innards releasing onto my shirt. It vomited a mixture of watered down blood and its last meal over my face. I gasped for air, the liquid filling my mouth and eyes. I shook the zom off, blood dripping from my face. I vomited over the body. My body started to shake. I flicked back my hair and the blood from my face, as another one stumbled at the foot of the body. I stood up, baring my knife. I looked around at the landscape. The lifeless bodies of my last group littered the street, a zombie feeding on each of their corpses. I clamped my mouth, their faces now white bone sticking through ragged flesh. I run to the nearest one; Alicia, my hunting mate since the outbreak was declared. I swiped at the lady who was feeding on her unrecognisable body. The blade cut to her spine with ease, with another crack, her head whacked against the side of her neck, hanging by a strip of skin. The zombie curled to the cement, a puddle of red already consuming the the grey. I stiffened a sob as I reached into Alicia's pockets. A reassuring cold metal handle greeted my fingers. I pulled the black hand gun we both raided so long ago. I knew her body wouldn't wake like the others; she was to wounded. I whispered a quick prayer, and ran from the bodies. I couldn't help myself but to shoot the mindless corpse feeding on my lover Alexander. Rage bubbled inside of me to see his body perish like the others. I smiled to know I would soon join him on the other side. Kissing his cold hand quickly, I shoot his forehead as he began to twitch. I know that he wouldn't want to become one of 'them'.

I slammed open a door to a house on the end of the block. Shooting two zombies feeding on a child sized corpse in the living room, I bolted up stairs, locking myself in what looked like a teenage girls room. Posters peel from the walls, magazines and clothes piled against the floor. A half packed bag spilling with movies and clothes was arranged next to a coil wire phone. It wasn't hung up, and I predict she was talking to a friend about a sleepover before the alarm.
I slump into a corner of the room, sobbing. I don't dare look at my bite. I don't want to; I'm infected. It's only a matter of time before I turn. I grip the gun. I have to do it. Even if I wasn't bitten, what about my group? I was the only survivor, and deep down I know I couldn't survive without each of them. We had survived together for so long. I press the metal to my forehead. I think of all the people I would finally be reunited with on the other side.
My mum. My brothers and sister. My dad. My grandparents. Alexander. Alicia. Tom. Jewels. Faith. I curl my finger around the trigger. No more running, killing, trying to survive for nothing. I'll finally be at peace.

~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~

Special thanks to Hannah for writing this piece, I don't know your username so I can't dedicate this chapter too you.

I'm sorry to all my readers but I won't be taking any more suggestions or adding additional 'real' people, sorry, I have the story line want and don't want to alter it much. But any feed back is welcome. The only suggestions I'll be taking are POV requests: say you want a POV from Wilson on a particular part. Ok? Sorry, but, yeah....

*Awkward silence*

-Kate