Epilogue - SUPRISE!!

Hey peoples! I bet you thought I was gone for good. Well, I decided to reward you guys for getting me to 1K reads! Yaaaasss! 🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉 anyway, read:

Jacobs POV:
I lay stunned beneath Reena's dead body, the sound of the gun ringing in my ears, blood seeping though my clothes. Just moments before she was alive, hurling insults and proving her point, but in a few seconds that changed. Blood splattered the white room, I looked at Reena's face, blood ran from the ragged hole at her temple onto my once blue shirt. The door was opened and people rushed in, some swearing in shock, others gasping and asking if I was dead. I pushed Reena's body off of mine and stood up, a group of about ten to fifteen people stood around me.
"I'm fine, she's not." I said, gesturing at Reena,
"Did she kill herself?" Someone at the back of the crowd asked,
"Yes, she got the gun off of me and turned it on herself." I explained, there were muttered responses but I ignored them and pushed out of room.

The fence glittered as the patrol walked at its base. So far there had been three zombie sightings and no broken fence. I travelled at the back of the patrol, gun in hand, thinking about what Reena had said with her last breaths, "The human race has no chance, and I'm not going to live without a life.", she did have a point, this was not something we could get over easily. We had knowledge that the apocalypse had spead to the other continents, and killed all of America, Africa, Europe, Russia and France. This compound was the only one in Australia, the only safe haven.

The sun beat down on my neck as we trudged towards the gate, where we would rest and swap shifts with the gate-guards. The other three people on my patrol began the slow as we neared the gate, now only metres from it. I found a tree and sat a it's roots, watching the four people wander back towards the compound.
"Hello Jacob." Said a gentle voice behind me,
"Hello Lara." I replied coolly, wanting nothing more than for me to be alone,
"I haven't talked to you in a long time..." She said suggestively,
"Oh, well. I guess now you have." I said snarkily, she pouted but continued as she sat beside me,
"Don't be like that. I know you're upset about that psychopathic girl but-" she began it I cut her off,
"That psychopathic girl had seen more in a month than you would've seen in your while life!" I snapped, "You have no right to make assumptions about her!" Lara's eyes widened in surprise at my sudden outburst, and I almost expected her to get up and leave, but she stayed where she was,
"Excuse me? I have every right to make anything I want about that suicidal psychopath!" She defended, and I had to restrain myself from knocking her out cold,
"You have no right at all!" I shouted, "You didn't know her! You weren't there! And you know what? She was right!" Lara gaped at me as I stood up and walked furiously over to the gate, I slipped my gun from my shoulder and aimed it at the first padlock,
"Jacob no!" I heard Tony yell from behind me, but I ignored him and blew all the padlocks off the gate, leaving it to swing open violently. A zombie ambled from the tree line and let out an eerie groan, followed by its brethren it led the invasion. Alarms went off somewhere and I finally realised there was someone talking to me, I turned to find Tony aiming a gun at my head.
"I'm sorry Jacob, I'm so sorry. We're going to have to kill you." He said, and a single tear ran down his cheek,
"Run Tony, I don't want you killing me. Leave." I said gently, but loud enough to be heard over the blaring alarms,
"No, run with me." He begged more tears cascading down his face, I shook my head,
"Don't look back Tony, just keep running. I'm sorry." I said finally, stepping forward and hugging him before watching him sprint towards the compound. The high-pitched alarms were all I could hear as I turned to face the zombies that were metres from me, the stench of decay thick and horrible. I raced at the one nearest to me, the gruesome body to horrible to detail, and felt pain tear through my neck as it tore my throat out. I felt the infectious burn but didn't want to be a zombie, I slipped my knife from its sheath and cut deeply across my stomach as I convulsed with the poison roaring through me, I knew my wounds were too significant and I wouldn't become a zombie. Hopefully I'd see my family now.

~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#
Hey bitches I'm back! Just for this though. If you have any questions or anything please feel free to comment here or pm me. Anyway, hope you loved this. If not...your loss.
Goodbye for probably the last time.

Kate.