Chapter 10

No tears came, my head throbbed from dehydration because of tears. Sam. Emma. Who next? Jai? Jason? My throat squeaked with dry, silent crying. My eyes stung and my face was puffy from crying, I knew my face would be
tear-streaked but I didn't dare look. The others had come over and I was getting crowded, a sickening feeling came over me and I had to get away from all these people. "I'm going for a swim." I wasn't backing down and no one argued,
"Can we come?" Asked Jason and Hannah after a short consultation,
"Sure," I answered, if they wanted to freeze their buts off it wasn't my place to object, they looked at each other and I wondered whether there was anything going on between them. Was I jealous? Hell yes I was! Jason was the cutest boy I'd seen since... Since... Ever, and to think of him with another girl, it was hurtful. You barely know him, my subconscious said, yeah, but look at him, I argued with myself, good point. I walked to behind a bush when we reached the river, I wasn't getting my most comfortable clothes stuffed by having them shrink on me. Wasn't happening. Damn it, I realised I'd brought my old black skinny jeans, but not my swimming shirt. Thank god I'd lost weight or I'd have to run back to camp or make an excuse for not swimming, I did prefer to swim clothed but I decided I'll be fine in my bra and jeans. Ohmygod. Jason. Is. Hot. His short brown hair hung loosely on his forehead, he had his shirt off already and his jeans hung just on his hips. He had shorts with him and began it slip his jeans off, I'm not gonna lie, I nearly squealed like a fan girl at an authors convention.

Hannah was wearing a proper bikini and Jason proper board shorts, I felt under dressed but with Jason, I didn't care. "Where did you get actual swimmers?" I asked them,
"Devon had a need for getting near naked and showing to the world, unfortunately, she thought everyone else did too." hannah explained,
"Oh. Well, swimming?" I said awkwardly, gesturing towards the river,
"Yeah, your right. That's what we came for." Jason decided, we walked into the water, it had a small chill to it which made it feel fragile or delicate, not like the way hot water would feel. Small fish darted away at the bottom where water-weed swayed in the current. I lifted my legs from the bottom and ducked under the surface, I left the oxygen escape from my lips and bubbles streamed towards the surface. I glanced to my right to see Jason dive into the water, bubbles formed on his arms from the oxygen that was stuck to him. I swam to the surface and breathed in the cool air of midday, but I realised there was something on Hannah's shoulder, a bite mark.

~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~
Hi readers! Firstly, 267 reads! Woo hoo! Alright, brag over. I hope you like this chapter, if you did be sure to

VOTE

SHARE

COMMENT

Thanks!
-Kate
This chapter is dedicated to KayC91 for her amazing story!