Simon and Isabelle

***Izzy's POV***

Izzy was flying in the air, wings flapping in the wind. Red scales shifted with each flap to test the currents. The clouds surrounding were patchy like cotton, a few dragons flying around them, Feeling the sky around her was always nice, but it was even more enjoyable to have someone with her to enjoy it.

Even if that someone was Simon.

"Wow! This is so cool!" Simon yelled over the turbulence of the wind. She could not see him, but Izzy knew he had to be smiling.

"I'm glad you're enjoying it, but do keep it down. I don't need anyone to get mad that you're with me," Izzy said.

She knew perfectly well where Alec was in the valley, but her parents were another story entirely, as were any of the elders. If they spotted human on her back it would be a scandal. Not that I care about scandal. It's just this may or may not be against the law technically. In reality, she wasn't quite sure where dragon riding fell in the laws nowadays. What she did know was no one did it anymore. The last time anyone had was back when she was a small dragon incapable of flying on her own.

"Huh. Who would get mad? We're just having fun."

Simon looked confused, mouth slightly parted open. It was a rather adorable look on him. No no no it's not. It was true Isabelle was prone to having several . . . relations, but never with a human. They were forbidden here, or so Alec kept saying. But you know what they say about what's forbidden. She would have to stop thinking about it.

"Yes we are, but other dragons might not know as much. They might make assumptions."

Simon started to laugh. "That's so funny."

"Why?"

"Well, you know the saying about assumptions right?"

Izzy weaved around a large cloud seamlessly, doing her best not to jostle her passenger. She could feel Simon gripping her horns carefully. "No, I don't. How about you tell me."

"Well it makes an as—" Simon cut off mid sentence.

A dragon was heading right towards them. Flames spilled from an open muzzle, smoke shooting out at the nostrils. This dragon had a wicked look in his eyes, and it wasn't hard to tell why, or who this dragon was. Sebastian Morgenstern.

"Well well well, look what we have here. I would've thought you knew better than to let a measly human sit on your back Isabelle." Sebastian sneered.

"What do you want Sebastian? Can't you see we're going somewhere?" Isabelle knew her voice was dripping with metaphorical venom (not that she didn't have actual venom to use if she wanted to, Sebastian just wasn't worth it). She could feel Simon tensing up on her back, hands shaking slightly.

"Oh, I just wanted to say hello. It's been an awfully long time since I've seen you. Your brothers are always so . . ." Sebastian waved one arm, as though the gesture explained everything. His white body was like a chalk mark in a canyon. Like his personality, it went straight down into the pit. How some female dragons described this guy as handsome was beyond her. She felt sick just looking at him.

"I don't care what you think of Alec or Jace. Just go away Sebastian." The snarl in her voice was easy to hear now. No matter how hard she tried, Sebastian made her blood boil. Venom was welling up in her mouth, gas readying to turn into liquid at a moments notice.

"My, my, someone's in a mood. I guess I'll go for now, but never fear, I'll be back again soon my lovely rose," Sebastian said.

He blew a ring of smoke at her affectionately. Isabelle fought the urge to give him long lasting venom burns to his face. Behind her, Simon sneezed at the smoke inhalation. Sebastian smirked before flying away, disappearing into the clouds. Only once she was certain he was gone did she turn around to check on her passenger.

"Simon are you okay?"

"I'm fine. Who was that guy Izzy?"

She sighed. "Not someone you want to meet again. Sebastian is a problem you can't run from, an accident waiting to happen. If you see him again, stay away."

She could sense Simon nodding. "Okay. I'll stay away. He doesn't seem like a guy I'd want to hang out with anyways. I get a dangerous vibe from him a mile wide."

Izzy snorted. "Understatement of the year." Indeed it was. Sebastian always seemed to be scheming something, she just couldn't tell what. She wondered if Valentine had been the same. Supposedly, he had been even worse. It was even rumored that he had tried to kill Alec back when he was a baby. It horrified her to even think about a life without her older brother.

"I'm guessing you still don't want to talk about it."

"No, I don't."

The rest of their flight continued in silence.