Michael and Mark

***Alec's POV***

"Yes. I suppose I never properly introduced myself. My name is Alexander Gideon Lightwood. I am the prince and future king of Star Flower Valley."

Whatever he was expecting, it certainly wasn't for Magnus to steadily ignore him. The group made their way out of the cave in relative silence, Alec steady at the lead. Clary and Simon exchanged a brief whisper, like the feathers touch of fabric over skin. Catarina would run her hand along the cave wall. Her fingernails scraped over hard stone. He wondered if she had chipped one yet.

The sun was up in the sky when they finally got out. There were two dragons waiting at the entrance for them, family crests labeled on their chests in the carved adamas plating. Each of the royal guard had their own necklace of sorts, so did the Council of Elders. Alec would be putting his own on later today should there be another meeting. Knowing my Father there will be. He'll have plenty to discuss in terms of these humans.

The crests on the dragons in front of him were a loose weave of thorns and a horseshoe. Mark Blackthorn and Michael Wayland. Michael was his Father platonic mate. Not all dragons had such a sacred bond, close knit like family despite sharing no known blood. Alec felt lucky in himself that he had a platonic mate as well. He could always count on Jace to be at his side.

"Alec, glad to see you survived the night with these humans." Michael gave him a nod of approval. The Wayland was a tall, impervious gold. His wings were flexible things behind his back, with the rare trait of being completely impervious to heat damage. It was for this reason the Waylands were such good Blacksmiths, able to contain the hottest coals in the folds of their wings.

"Hehe with how grumpy he can be, I'm surprised too." Mark added in. With his half-fey heritage, Mark Blackthorn was a mix of lithe wilderness and ancient flame. He was a silver color —much like his twin sister Helen. His body type was built like a wyverns. Instead of one set of wings on his back he had another set attached to his arms. They were folded up currently, iridescent sparkles of white.

"Hehe knock it off. I'm not grumpy."

"The day your not grumpy is the day I eat dirt," Mark said.

Alec smiled. "Like last week's training session you mean? When Jace wiped the floor with you."

If Mark could've there would be a trace of red below his eyes. Dragons didn't blush, but the way he tucked his narrow head down said enough. "He only won on accident. If I hadn't—"

"I think that's enough you two. Alec, we're here to escort the pris- Uh, Er, guests to see the King." Michael explained.

Alec nodded. "I figured as much. Do you need me to tag along? One of them can be pretty rowdy."

Rowdy is an understatement, and probably not the right word. The desire to tell his friends about a hunter being in their midst was palpable. It felt wrong to hide the truth, but at the same time . . . If they knew they might just kill him. Why did the idea of this bother Alec so much? Did he still envision Magnus as the sweet little child he first met? The one who promised to never hurt him. You're being ridiculous Alec. Tell your father and let him decide. This is for the best.

Indeed it would be King Robert's decision what happened to the humans. He was not king yet, so the decision was out of his claws. "We should be fine. You should fly on ahead to the King. There's something he'd like to speak to you about before meeting with the humans."

"Alright. Take care of them. And don't let the annoying red one near Jace under any circumstances." He spoke in the dragon tongue, not that he cared if Clary knew how he felt about her. Alec just didn't want to hear her whine.

"Oh? And why not?" Mark asked.

Alec shared a conspiratorial look, one of his v-stripes flicked blue. "She's trying to get in the way of his predestined."

Michael and Mark gasped in horror. They too understood the importance of predestined. "How awful! Are you sure these humans should even be allowed to stay?"

Alec huffed. "I'd rather they didn't, but peace would be for the best. The humans will come to understand our ways." I hope.

"Alright then Alec. I'm still not too sure about it, but I'll give them the benefit of the doubt," Mark said sincerely. Being only half-fey, Mark could still lie. The honesty on his face removed any concerns he had.

"Good. I bid you both farewell." He took to the sky, leaving Magnus and the others behind.