Q. You've been on wattpad since 2014, what are some of the features you miss between then and now?

I miss the activity feed! It was how I used to check what people were reading. Also, at a point Wattpad allowed us to add sound cloud links in books. They are no longer supported now. I would have loved to put together an audiobook. I also miss the section of your profile that showed what books were dedicated to you. Dedications used to mean a lot then, and not a lot now.

 Dedications used to mean a lot then, and not a lot now

Q. saintc as an lgbtq writer, how do you handle homophobic comments?

I'll start off by saying things are a LOT better than they were in 2014. In 2014/2015 I would have a random person wander into my comments to tell me that I would die and go to hell for committing a sin every few days. Right now, the only real pushback I get is from other Nigerians. Nigeria is an extremely religious country, and some Nigerians feel it's their God-given duty to preach to me in my private messages. It's okay, I experience a lot more of this in real life than on the internet, so it doesn't bother me too much.

Within my own audience, I try to discourage other phobic comments. Right now, homophobia is something not in vogue. A lot of people have come around, however, transphobia, biphobia, aphobia, etc are things other LGBTQ people propagate so a few readers like this find my way to my work and I have to spend the time talking to them. If the only thing you can understand in LGBTQ is the L and G you shouldn't be reading LGBTQ+ fiction.

Q. Is there any particular meaning to your name?

Saint Caliendo is a pen name I put together. Saint, because as someone who grew up catholic I'm still obsessed with sainthood and a lot of them are pioneers of theology I read viciously, and Caliendo because I was looking for a surname for my character in Symphony, didn't end up using it and then took it for myself.

Q. saintc, between Wattpad, Inkitt, and Radish which platform do you enjoy writing on more, and for what reason?

I really enjoy Radish because at the moment it's paying me for my work. I work fulltime and use the money I make from writing to cut hours out of my work. A lot of writers on Wattpad get more responsibilities in life and they have to put writing to the side. I still write and share my work because sites like Radish make it possible for me to do so. Inkitt has features I adore like it's review system, and Wattpad has a place in my heart because I've been on it for so long. Another site I use is Tapas. I like their scheduling feature and the fact that I can get tipped and make Ad revenue on there.

Q. How best do you balance your writing and personal life?

I write when I'm in public transport! About 80% of my writing is done on my phone when I'm on the bus, train, standing in line, or having my lunch break. I generally don't have a lot of time as someone who works full time, so I make use of the time we normally negate.

 I generally don't have a lot of time as someone who works full time, so I make use of the time we normally negate