Chapter 47 - The Final Fight?

I chased her...him? I dunno. I chased them for a while eventually chasing her to the abandoned facility that Megumin told us about the other day. I stood a top the stairs leading down into the facility as the two of them were in view at the bottom.

Kazuma: "Cut it out! Get your dick off of me! You wanna die?!"

Sylvia: "Settle down!"

Using her tendrils, she put Kazuma down as his arms and legs shook.

Sylvia: "You don't have to worry. I'm not going to do anything. I managed to shake the others off my tail, so you're free to go."

"I wouldn't be so sure about that!"

I leaped from the top of the stairs and pulled out my katana. I brought the katana down, only for Sylvia to move out of the way and me fall face-first into the ground.

Sylvia: "Fortunately, this one's an idiot."

Kazuma: "Putting that aside, where are we?"

Kazuma seemed to be letting his guard down around her, so I stood back up beside him and did the same.

Sylvia: "This is the Crimson Demon Village's underground storage facility. My objective is to find the ancient magic weapon that's hidden here."

Kazuma: "A magic weapon?"

Sylvia: "The Mage Killer."

She walked past us and towards a locked door.

Sylvia: "It can neutralise any magic...A perfect counter to the Crimson Demons."

She pulled out some device and placed it on the door.

"Something like that is down here?"

Sylvia: "I've finally gotten this close."

The device made a noise but didn't do anything.

Sylvia: "My barrier breaker isn't working? What exactly is this? It's not sealed with magic?"

We peeked around her to find a small console that had an old looking controller in it.

Kazuma: "Are those...controller inputs?"

Sylvia: "You can read that ancient text?!"

Kazuma: "Nah, I think they used a fampus cheat code as the password for the—"

I slapped my hands over Kazuma's mouth.

"What are you saying?!"

Sylvia: "You're even better than I'd hoped."

Kazuma: "I'm still an adventurer, y'know! Don't expect me to give in that easily!"

Sylvia: "There's more to getting someone to talk than threats and violence, you know. You'll find my technique is on par with a succubus. I wonder how much ecstasy you'll be able to—"

Kazuma: "Up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right! There you go!"

"Wha—Kazuma!"

The door began to open, dust shooting out towards us.

Sylvia: "Do the things you do not bother you?"

"Yeah! What she said!"

She begun walking down the stairs.

Sylvia: "Not that it matters. Now the weapon is mine. It's so dark. I can't see a thing."

Kazuma and I looked at each other and nodded. He held the controller getting ready to input the password. I approached Sylvia quietly.