Chapter 41 - A Letter from a Village

A couple days ago, YunYun said that she had to go back to her village, so she wasn't here with us right now. We were all in the living room. Kazuma and I were sipping on some tea, Aqua and Megumin were playing some board game as Darkness and Elektra spectated.

Aqua: "Hey, Megumin. That arch-wizard is really obnoxious. How about you trade it for this crusader I don't need?"

Megumin: "I don't need that crusader for my strategy either. Come on, Aqua. It's your turn."

Darkness: "Excuse me, you two. I hope you're talking about your game..."

Kazuma: "It is good to relax like this. But by now, I've learned that if I feel this good, something is about to happen."

"No kidding—"

???: "EXCUSE MEEEE! MEGUMIN, ARE YOU THERE?"

Kazuma: "Right on cue."

Turns out, YunYun had returned. She seemed out of breath.

YunYun: "H-Hello!"

"Oh, YunYun! Welcome back. What's up? Let me guess, more trouble?"

YunYun held her hand up to her face and looked away.

YunYun: "Er...Um...(Y/N)! I want to bear your child!"

Kazuma and I both spat out our drink.

"Come again?"

YunYun: "I said I want to bear your child, (Y/N)!"

"Personally, I'd like it to be a daughter first."

YunYun: "No! It must be a son!"

"YunYun, every man wants to be called 'daddy' by his sweet little girl."

Kazuma: "You said it."

Megumin slammed the board game on my head.

Megumin: "How can you just launch right into whether it's a boy or a girl?!"

Aqua: "Megumin?! What are you doing?!"

Aqua hadn't been listening. Megumin grabbed onto YunYun's shirt.

Megumin: "And you! What's wrong with you all of a sudden?!"

YunYun: "W-Well, if (Y/N) and I don't have a son, the world will—the Demon King, he'll—!"

Aqua: "And I was about to win too..."

Aqua kneeled at the scattered pieces on the ground.

"Alright. I get it YunYun, you say the worlds in danger? Fear not. Let me worry about the world and the Demon King. So if you and I have a kid, the world will be saved somehow, right?"

Megumin: "Wh-Wh-Why you two-faced little—!"

Darkness: "When we begged to go on a quest, you fought us tooth and nail!"

"I'm tired."

Darkness: "And do you not sense something off about this situation?!"

"No."

Megumin: "Yeah! Where is this sympathetic streak the rest of the time?!"

"This is between YunYun and I. Butt out! Or what. Are you guys into me too? Jealous? Then say so, you obnoxious tsunderes!"

Darkness: "Let's strangle this guy!"

Megumin: "Count me in! I'm gonna kill this no-account-blabber-mouth!"

"Oooh! A fight, is it?!"

YunYun: "Everyone! Please calm down!"

Aqua: "How about another round, Megumin?"