Chapter 22 - Keele's Dungeon

Two companions skipped happily out the front gate of town, singing together in unison. Those two companions, were (Y/N) and Megumin.

M, (Y): "Explosions! Explosions, la la la!"

The two of them skipped, singing the same thing over and over again to the spot where they used to blow up Beldia's castle.

Megumin: "Explosion!"

I don't even know why I'm monologuing but—HOLY SHIT MEGUMIN JUST BLEW UP THE CLIFF! OH MY GOD IT'S FALLING!

The two continued on rainy days.

Megumin: "—losion!"

And on snowy days.

Megumin: "—sion!"

Even on peaceful afternoons!

Megumin: "—n!"

Megumin used Explosion on a lake, making it rain in the area, and even creating a rainbow.

Megumin: "What do you think of this lovely rainbow? I give it 120 points!"

I stared at it in awe.

~<Timeskip>~

The whole party were in the guild, sharing a table.

Kazuma: "Tomorrow, we're going to a Dungeon."

"Ooooh!"

Megumin: "No."

Kazuma: "We are."

Megumin: "No, no way!"

Kazuma: "We are! We are!"

Megumin: "But, I'm practically useless inside a dungeon! I can't use Explosion magic, which makes me an ordinary civilian!"

Kazuma: "Remember when you joined up with us, and you said you'd carry our bags, or whatever we needed?"

Megumin pouted.

Kazuma: "Besides, the rest of us can go in while you wait outside."

Megumin: "What?! I don't want to be alone!"

Kazuma slammed his hand on the table.

Kazuma: "Well if we bring you in, you'll be too tempted to use Explosion magic and kill all of us!"

Kazuma reached into his pocket and violently slammed the quest paper on the table. All of us leaned in.

"Keele's Dungeon...?"

Aqua: "Hasn't this place been thoroughly explored already?"

Luna: "Well the thing is..."

Luna suddenly appeared out of nowhere.

Luna: "Recently, a new passage was discovered by accident, so there was going to be a large-scale quest to escort the survey team..."

Kazuma: "But I asked her to give us the first crack at it."

Luna: "That being the case, the other adventurers don't know about it yet."

(BF/N): "I see...Then there might still be treasure in the unexplored areas."

Luna and Kazuma give a thumbs up.

Aqua: "Treasure?!"

Dust appeared behind Kazuma.

Dust: "What? Hey, are you guys talking about a score?"

Kazuma stood up and smoothly slid to the side of Dust.