Chapter 42 - The Journey Continues

Aqua: "She's really hurt! I'm gonna cast heal on her right a—"

Kazuma grabbed Aqua by her hair, refraining her from healing the child.

Kazuma: "Hold your horses."

Aqua: "What's the big idea?! We can't just leave her there! I didn't think even you were such a monster!"

Kazuma: "Take it easy. My sense foe skill is tingling. That's a monster in disguise."

A, D, M, E: "Huh?"

The monster is commonly known as 'Leisure Girl'. This plant-type monster does not do direct physical damage. However, it will attempt to provoke strong protective feelings in passing travellers to lure them closer.

It advances are difficult to resist, and once you give in, it will slowly suck you dry. Adventuring groups who encounter this monster are requested to exterminate it, as difficult as that may be.

Darkness: "H-Hey, she looks like she's gonna cry! Is she really a monster?"

Kazuma: "I sure think so. This looks like her right here in the monster list."

Megumin: "K-Kazuma...She's waving at us...trying hard not to cry...I just want to give her a big hug!"

Kazuma: "I said, stop it! That's exactly how she gets people!"

"Apparently, it's hard to get away once she has you. Better keep your distance."

Megumin: "Well...but..."

Darkness: "I...I can't! She may be a monster but she's hurt!"

Kazuma: "Hey, hold on!"

Aqua: "That's right! It says she doesn't do direct damage, doesn't it?!"

The girls rushed over, Kazuma and I sighing and shortly joining them. Aqua knelt down in front of her.

Aqua: "It's okay now. I'm going to heal your wounds."

Aqua used her spell.

Aqua: "Huh? These aren't injuries...These bandages only look like bandages..."

Kazuma: "See? I told you. The clothes, bloody bandages, and little girl motif. All to lure people in. See the fruit on that tree back there? It's part of the monster. This says she gives it to hungry travellers. But it isn't nutritious. It just numbs feelings of pain, hunger, and sleepiness. You just waste away from malnutrition."

"Some older adventurers actually come to this monster looking for an easy death. It says that's why they call her a Leisure Girl...That's kinda dark."

Darkness: "W-Wow...she's more dangerous than a monster who outright attacks you. B-But even so..."

Elektra: "Th-This is my first time seeing a Leisure Girl, but I know of them. And yet..."

The girl smiled at us.

L.G: "Will you...stay with me?"

A, D, M, E: "Awwww~!"

Aqua: "I'll stay with you forever!"

Megumin: "No one is going to abandon you!"

Darkness: "Y-You know, that fruit looks pretty good. Could we have one or two pieces?"

Elektra: "Right! Let's pitch camp here for today!"

Kazuma and I looked at each other and instantly unsheathed our katanas. Before we could attack her, the others held us back.

Aqua: "Hey, what are you doing you stupid idiots?!"

Kazuma: "Outta my way! Lemme go!"

Darkness: "Y-Y-You would raise a hand against such an innocent-looking monster?! And I thought you two had some kindness left!"