Chapter 15 - Tank

Two days pass with no sign of danger. The days go quickly. Aqua, Kazuma, Darkness, Megumin, YunYun, (BF/N), and I spend the days relaxing at home.

Kazuma: "We need a supply run."

Kazuma says, walking into the living room.

Darkness: "Are we low on food?"

Darkness asks, feet on the table.

Kazuma: "Yeah, who wants to come?"

Darkness: "Why not all of us?"

Darkness jumps to her feet excitingly.

"Sounds fun. I'm in."

I walk into the room from the kitchen.

Kazuma: "Awesome, lets go."

~<Timeskip>~

At the store, we arrive at the counter to pay for the items. Suddenly the ground begins to rumble slightly. The atmosphere in the store changed and is just overall eerie. It seems as if all noise is muffled. The faint sound of magic attacks and screams fill the thick air as I see people running past the store entrance. Suddenly, I see someone fly past the door and into a rock, wrapping around it like Christmas paper.

"What's going on out there?" I say, walking to the front door.

Everyone follows me to the door of the store to see what all the commotion is. All of a sudden an explosive lands in front of the store, blowing all of us back.

The store fills with ash and dust. I try to gain my composure.

"KAZUMA? DARKNESS? (BF/N)? YUNYUN? MEGUMIN? AQUA? ARE YOU OKAY?!"

I scream out to them, seeing if any are hurt. The dust begins to settle in the store.

Megumin: "(Y/N)! I'm over here! Darkness is hurt, she got hit with a piece of the door."

I rush over to help Darkness. She has a shard of shrapnel the size of my hand in her chest.

"AQUA WE NEED YOU OVER HERE NOW!"

I scream out to what seems to be no one.
Aqua runs over and kneels beside me

Aqua: "Just hang in there Darkness!"

Aqua places her hand over the shrapnel wound and begins to try and heal Darkness.

The loud thuds of something big comes closer to the store. Megumin and I turn to the front door to see the store owner dead in the doorway. A large figure fills the empty entrance. Gigantic, has to duck through the door. The figure steps on and over the deceased owner with no hesitation. He has a massive weapon. Double sided sword.

???: "Ah, there you are (Y/N). You've given us Demon King Generals a lot of trouble trying to take you out. I heard you snapped Beldia like a rotten twig. I'm here to return the favour to you and your party."

"W-Who are you?"

I stand from Darkness' side and unsheathe my dagger.

Tank: "Names alkhúnn, people call me Tank. If they dare say it."

"Ok Tank, why are you here?"

Tank: "Did you not hear a word I said."

Tank walks closer to Aqua, Megumin, Darkness, and I. Each step rumbling the ground.

Tank: "I'm here to grab your head."

Tank puts his right foot back and lowers himself, battle stance.

"COME ON THEN!"

I charge towards him, shooting Bolt at his head mid sprint. But, he catches it somehow with his weapon and throw it back at me. I fly through the air into the counter.

Megumin: "No. That's, not possible!"

Tank walks towards me, none of my party members reacting. They're frozen in shock. Tank reaches me and pushes his foot onto my chest.

Tank: "Any last words?"

He says, raising the weapon above his head.

Suddenly, the ground shakes around me. But it's not Tank.

???: "STEP THE FUCK BACK."

A booming voice fills the store. The water from the floor and bottles bubbling and beginning to rise. The damaged lights shaking and flickering and the smell of burning timber fills the air. I turn to see (BF/N), hovering above the ground. Eyes bright (E/C) and hair rising up.

Tank: "Who are you?"

"He's my best friend."

I punch Tank in the side of his knee, making him stumble backwards.

(BF/N): "ARGHHHH!"

(BF/N) screams out battle cry style as he charges straight at Tank, no hesitation at all, and tackles him through the air and through the store wall. Kazuma, YunYun, Aqua and Megumin hold up Darkness and walk to me. We all walk through the hole in the wall and turn to see Tank pinned down with water bolts, Magma spikes, and rocks surrounding him, ready to send him to the other side any second. (BF/N) turns to face us, still slightly hovering.

(BF/N): "Darkness, the honour is yours."

(BF/N) puts his hand out towards Darkness, offering Tank's weapon. Darkness pulls her arms from around Megumin and Aqua's shoulder, stumbles over to (BF/N) and takes the blade. (BF/N) moves the rocks and water bolts away and pins him down so he is on his knees in front of her.

(BF/N): "So now, I will ask you the same. Any last words?"

Before Tank even got a chance to respond, Darkness, in one swift movement, decapitates him.

————————————————————————

A/N: "Hello, it's me again. This chapter is very short compared to the other chapters, so I will release Chapter 16 today. The reason as to why the writing was different in this one, was because my friend pestered me into letting him write the chapter. I mentioned in the Author Note that I have already written these chapters on something else. I would like if you would help me by pointing out when I miss a (BF/N) or (Y/N) when they are appropriate. That is all I have to say for now, have a good day/night!"

- Chocco