Chapter 40 - Dungeon

(A/N: "Congratulations. You are now up to date with what I've written! A quarter way through this chapter I lost motivation. I haven't had much lately as said in the other chapter. I'll continue writing a bit after the movie releases. I understand that there is recording of it on camera's but I want to see it normally. I'm going to have to put the story on hold until then. Sorry about that. But I look forward to seeing your short stories!")

I was casually walking around the forest out of pure boredom.

"Rock. Rock. Rock. Stick. Log. Ant. Rock. Stick. Stick. Buttons. Rock. Stick."

I stop in my tracks.

"Buttons?"

I turn on my heels and face the wall of a cliff. On the wall of the stone, were ten small squares imbedded into the stone counting to ten.

Hm? What's this? Let me take a guess at the code.

I push six, nine, four, two, zero. Two blue lines appear from the ground and make the shape of a large archway on the wall that opened up to reveal a passageway down underground.

"Wow. Never would've suspected I would get the password first try. Especially with that kind of password."

I walk down the slope into the underground. I reach the bottom as I see goblins and other low level enemies in the distance. The walls, roof and ground are made of rock. I ran forward and stabbed a Goblin in the head as it poofed and dropped some Eris coins.

"No way! You get items from killing enemies?! I gotta tell others!"

~<Timeskip>~

I finished telling the guild and other adventures about the dungeon and I am on my way back to the mansion.  I arrive and swing the door open as I'm met with Kazuma and the others about to leave.

Kazuma: "Oh. Good timing. We were about to head out."

"That's cool and all but I got some good news."

Darkness: "What is it?"

"A new dungeon had appeared. The bits that I did explore, it seems you get items from killing monsters."

Aqua: "What?! No way!"

"I'm being serious! C'mon! I'll show you."

We rush towards the direction of the dungeon as the others follow me. We pass some adventurers heading the same way. We arrive at the entrance and head down the slope.

Megumin: "For a dungeon, the lighting isn't too bad."

YunYun: "Agreed. Although, it's a lot darker than bright."

Elektra is gripping onto my right arm and keeping close. It'd be safe to assume that she's scared of the dark.

I'm surprised Megumin came into here without any argument.

~<Timeskip>~

After hours upon hours of grinding, we decide to stop.

Kazuma: "Wanna head back up to the surface now?"

Elektra: "Sure. I'm tired."

Megumin: "Does anyone know the way back?"

Darkness: "I do."

The others began to walk off.

Elektra: "So how did I do today in terms of my powers?"

"You have most definitely improved. I'm impressed!"

Elektra smiled gleefully.

Elektra: "I'm glad!"

Elektra ran over to the others as Kazuma turned to me.