Chapter 25 - Bugged Dungeon

"Hm? What's this?"

I pull off a quest paper from the board.

"A new dungeon has recently been discovered with a fair amount of treasure..."

It'd be nice to actually go into a dungeon with the party this time. If Megumin tries to hold me back, I'm bringing her in.

I walk over to Luna who's behind the counter.

"Good morning Luna. I was just wondering, has anyone explored this newly found dungeon?"

Luna: "Nope! I only just put that up."

"I see. I'd like to accept the quest."

She nods her head and I pass her the paper. She writes something on it and passes it back to me.

Luna: "Good luck!"

I wave and walk back to my party.

"Guys."

I place the quest paper on the table.

(BF/N): "New dungeon, eh? Sounds like fun!"

"Yeah. Luna also said that no one has searched it yet, so that means more loot for us."

Aqua stands up from her seat, eyes sparkling.

Aqua: "More treasure?!"

Megumin: "I don't want to do a dungeon!"

Kazuma: "Don't be selfish."

~<Timeskip>~

We arrived at the front of the dungeon. The archway that was connected to the side of a cliff to the inside of the dungeon was plain white and would twitch ever so often, which was very abnormal.

"I wonder what kind of enemies and loot we'll find?"

(BF/N): "It's exciting to find a new dungeon. At Keele's dungeon, there was barely any loot since others had previously searched it."

"Yuh."

I walk closer to the entrance.

"C'mon guys! Let's go!"

They start to enter the dungeon and Megumin approaches me.

Megumin: "I can't go in. I'll be useless. Stay out here with m—"

I grab her hand, surprising her.

"Nope! Not this time!"

I began pulling her into the dungeon, despite her arguing. Once again, it was a stairway leading into a square room. The dungeon was dark and cold but YunYun provided us with a light. Aqua skipped over to a chest and opened it, only for a big spider to jump out and land on her head, biting her slightly.

Aqua: "AAAAAAHHH! GET IT OFF! GET IT OFF!"

I let go of Megumin's hand, and in the corner of my eye I saw her look sad, reaching out slightly to my hand. The sight hurt me so much. I pull out my dagger and stab it in the head as some black blood spurts out and it drops to the ground, lifeless. Aqua was crying a bit.

Aqua: "T-Thank you (Y/N)..."

"Y-Yeah."

I look at the dead spider and shake a bit.

Darkness: "Which way should we go? There's either left or right."

Kazuma: "Maybe we should split up."

(BF/N): "Sounds good. We can have the three Crimson Demons go left and we'll go right."

Darkness, Kazuma and Aqua nod their head and begin going right.