Chapter 46 - Kazuma, the Scarred

We went back to Megumin's humble abode as night had reached us. Not long after, Yuiyui forced the others to sleep as Megumin and I were stuck in her room again but she fell asleep before I got in there.

I need to take some precautions so she doesn't run again...

After taking these 'precautions' I got into bed next to Megumin. I shivered.

I kinda regret the precautions now...

I look at Megumin's hand which is posted next to her head. I grab onto it for warmth. She grunts in her sleep, prompting me to look at her face. She shakes for a moment then slowly opens her eyes and turns to face me. She then yells.

"Good morning. Or night, I don't know what time it is."

She then jumped out of bed.

Megumin: "Did you finally cross the line?! You beast! (Y/N), you beast!"

"Idiot. I was holding your hand because it's cold."

Megumin: "R-Really? I suppose I got the wrong idea. I'm sorry."

"It's fine. But it's about time you did seriously thank me. I'm the one always watching out for you all."

Megumin: "...Thanking you? You've got a point."

With both her hands, she grabs onto my hand.

Huh?

Megumin: "Usually, people make fun of me for my introduction or because I can only cast explosion magic, you accepted me like the others did, thank you. You always carry me home on your back when I can't move after casting it. Thank you. I always cause so much trouble, but you still keep being optimistic about it. Thank you."

I was speechless.

Megumin: "I was just thanking you. Why are you so embarrassed when you're the one who demanded it?"

"O-Oh..."

I sat up.

"Well, y'know, you guys do help out a lot too. To put it into your terms... I am called (Y/N) (L/N)! Axel's strongest adventurer, and foremost at getting into trouble! He who has obtained the wealth to spend his days having fun with the rest of you! And I'm looking forward to it."

Megumin giggled.

Megumin: "So am I. Here's to a bright future."

We both chuckled.

Megumin: "I-It really is cold today. As if we're trapped...in...ice..."

Megumin looked towards the window, to see it completely frozen.

Megumin: "(Y/N), care to explain what this is?"

"Maybe it's that cold that the window froze?"

Within a second, Megumin was now at the door banging on it.

Megumin: "Let me out! Let me out, please! Open! Open! Open up, now! Mum! (Y/N) froze the window shut!"

I was now back in bed under the covers.

"Look, I'm sorry, and I'm not gonna do anything! It's cold, so let's go to bed."

Megumin: "I want my gratitude back!"

"Look, I'm sorry. My bad."

She rolled her eyes and sighed, getting back into bed.

"Yahoo!"

Megumin: "Weh?!"

She rolled over so her back was facing me.

Megumin: "I'm really regretting all those nice things I said."