Chapter 26 - Crystal Shard

"Come back."

"Come back."

"Come back."

"Come back."

"Come back."

I keep seeing glimpses of the dungeon that my party and I explored earlier and something kept telling me to go back. A giant white mask rushes at me.

"AAAAAAAH!!!"

I jolt up, in a sitting position, covered in sweat. I breathe heavy as I take in my surroundings.

"...Just...a dream."

My door slams open as I see (BF/N) standing there.

(BF/N): "(Y/N)! Are you okay?!"

"Y-Yeah. Just had a nightmare. I'm fine."

I stand up off my bed.

"I should have a bath. I'm covered in sweat."

I pick up my normal clothes and walk past (BF/N), towards the bathroom. I undress and throw my pyjamas into the wash as I walk into the bathroom and sit in the bath, relaxing myself.

What was that? Maybe I should go back. 'S not normal to have glimpses like that...

I wash myself and get out of the bath. I dry myself off and put my clothes on and walk downstairs, being greeted by my party members as I walk into the kitchen, grabbing some bread and leaving the mansion. I plan on revisiting the dungeon.

~<Timeskip>~

I arrive at the area just before the dungeon. But the dungeon isn't there anymore, no entrance, no archway, no nothing. I walk up to the cliff, where the entrance was. I brush my fingers across the stone as it turns blue and turns into cubes, slowly disappearing revealing the entrance.

I enter and walk down the flight of stairs. I step onto the cold, hard ground as I look around the room. The two hallways to the left and right were gone and now the only way was forward.

A little suspicious but aight...

I begin walking forward down the empty hallway. I don't know how long I've been walking for, but I've just been walking straight, no chests or monsters to be seen. In the dark, in front of me, I could see...a dead end. A dead...fucking...end.

"Are you kidding me?! All that fucking walking for a dead end?!"

I punch the end wall out of frustration as it breaks. There was another room beyond the wall.

"Oh. Neat."

I step over the rubble and inspect the room. It seems like a bedroom. A small bed, a small round table next to the bed, a closet, and some other basic stuff you'd see in a room. But the thing that caught my attention was the floating, glowing, glass crystal above the table next to the bed.

Aren't crystals worth a lot? Yoink!

I grab the crystal as I see more flashes. All while I'm seeing the flashes, someone is in my view who is in front of all the images.

Plains. General. Illusion. Crystal. End. Suffering. Demise. Crushed. Shatter. Dimension. (BF/N). Blood. Berserk. Berserk. Berserk. Berserk. Blood. Sharp. Katana. Stomach. Your blood. Blood. Blood. Blood. Blood.

The figure holds my neck and grips tightly.

ABSTRACT. ABSTRACT. ABSTRACT. ABSTRACT. ABSTRACT. ABSTRACT. ABSTRACT. ABSTRACT. ABSTRACT. ABSTRACT. ABSTRACT. ABSTRACT. ABSTRACT. ABSTRACT. ABSTRACT. ABSTRACT. ABSTRACT. ABSTRACT. ABSTRACT. ABSTRACT. ABSTRACT. ABSTRACT. ABSTRACT. ABSTRACT.
A      B      S      T      R      A      C      T

My eyes shoot open as I'm laying on the ground, outside of the dungeon. I feel extremely uneasy and out of fear, I run away from the general area and back to the mansion.

Wow. This chapter was A LOT shorter than I remembered. Lucky I'm releasing another chapter today.

- Chocco