Chapter 10

~~~

"Sherlock?" He hears Kat's voice say lightly from beside him.

"Katherine." The detective says relieved that she was awake. "Are you alright?"

"A killer headache but I'll be fine." Kat smiles jokingly a little. "I've had worse hangovers."

Sherlock smiles sadly at her when he notices the welt on her cheek again. He reaches his hand over to her and lightly traces his fingers over the mark. "Why did you jump in front of me?"

"Because I didn't want her to hurt you like she hurt me." Kat tells him looking down sadly. "And I'd do it again if it keeps her from getting to you." The two lovers look at each other and slowly lean in when a moaning sound comes from Kat's side of the bed.

Sherlock leans back and the two of them look at each other confused. "What was..." Kat trails off when she turns around and sees her jacket, the one she gave to Irene hanging on one of her hooks. Kat gets up and stumbles slightly as she reaches her jacket. She reaches into her pocket and pulls out her phone and what she sees seems to sober her up completely.

Kat growls and squints her eyes in realization. "Oh, that bitch." Kat reads the text. "Oh the balls she has," She turns to her boyfriend and plops down on the bed next to him. "The message is for you, Sherlock."

Kat holds out her phone for him to see. The message reads 'Till next time, Mr. Holmes'

Kat sits there playing with her phone while Sherlock there thinking. The two of them sit in silence until it is interrupted by Kat groaning and releasing a string of curse words in French.

Throughout their time together, the curly haired detective learned that whenever Kat was feeling particularly strong emotions, she tended to speak in French. Sherlock, hiding how turned on that made him, asks her what's wrong.

"I can't turn it off." Kat explains. "She did something to my phone so I can't change that, that noise and I can't silence it."

Sherlock laughs lightly at her frustration. "Would you like me to give it a try?"

Kat shakes her head and closes her eyes. "Knock yourself out." And with that Sherlock takes the phone from Kat and plays around with it for a long time until Kat feels the phone get tossed on the bed.

"Give up yet?" Kat smirks with her eyes still closed. She waits for a response and when she doesn't get one she opens her eyes to see Sherlock pouting.

He mumbles a grumpy yes and Kat laughs as his pouty face. She leans over and gives him a peck on the lips before snuggling closer to him. "It's okay, I'll take it to the techies at Scotland Yard tomorrow and see what they can do."

~~~

The next day Sherlock, Kat, and John were talking with Mycroft in the center room while Mrs. Hudson cleaned up around them.

"The photographs are perfectly safe." The curly haired detective says without even looking up from his paper.

Mycroft scoffs at his brother. "In the hands of a fugitive sex worker?" He says then turns to Kat gently. "No offense."

"None takes." Kat replies with a smile. "I would have used a stronger word but I'm related to the bitch so." The blonde shrugs and Sherlock notices how after seeing her sister again, Kat almost didn't seem as afraid of her anymore.

"She's not interested in blackmail. She wants protection, for some reason." Sherlock muses trying to figure her out.

"And not the rubber kind." Kat jokes referring to her sisters needed protection. "I take it you've stood down the police investigation into the shooting at her house? Or do I need to do that for you too?"