Chapter 2

~~~

Sherlock, Kat, and John have started to really get the hang of their 'consulting' detective work. The detectives have been working small menial cases here and there but nothing super big has come up yet much to Sherlock's, and if we're being honest, Kat and John's dismay too. In the meantime, Kat and Sherlock's personal relationship was thriving and John still didn't suspect a thing. Actually, when John wasn't around, the two lovers couldn't keep their hands off each other. They decided to continue to keep it a secret because they didn't want anyone to use it against them and they also didn't want John to get all weird about it.

Anyways, one ordinary morning, the three roommates were all sitting at their desk working. John was typing up cases for his blog, Sherlock was drinking coffee and riffling through the newspapers, and Kat was already on her third cup of coffee and working through a stack of investigation reports and new case files from her job at Scotland Yard. The blonde detective was also secretly trying to find a fun case for the three of them to try and solve.

"What are you typing?" Holmes asks Watson without even looking up from his paper.

"Blog." The good doctor replies simply.

"About?"

"Us."

"You mean me."

"Why?"

Sherlock clears his throat which causes Kat to look up from her current case and observe the interaction between her two friends. "Well, you're typing a lot." Sherlock observes and Kat holds back a laugh when she sees his jaw tighten.

Kat nudges him lightly with a smile when suddenly there is a buzz coming from the front door indicating there was a client here to consult them. "Right, then." Sherlock says putting his cup down and walking to the door. "So, what have we got?"

The blonde puts her files away and begins to get ready for their first of a long line of clients they have scheduled for today.

"My wife seems to be spending a very long time at the office-" One client begins before he's cut off.

Sherlock rolls his eyes. "Boring."

"I think my husband might be having an affair." Another women tells Sherlock as he stands in front of her.

Sherlock looks her up and down before replying. "Yes."

This time, a man comes in with an urn. "She's not my real aunt, she's been replaced." He insists. "I know she has. I know human ash."

"Leave." Sherlock says without giving it a second thought.

Kat takes a step back as she sees three men enter the room. The front guy is wearing a pin stripped suit and is giving off extreme mafia vibes as he is flanked by to muscles. "We are prepared to offer any sum of money you care to mention for the recovery of these files." He tells them in a deep and slow voice that honestly creeps then all out.

"Boring." Sherlock dismisses.

This time, all three detectives were surprised to see three nerdy looking teenagers walk through their door. "We have this website, it explains the true meaning of comic books, cos people miss a lot of the themes." Sherlock starts to dismiss them when they said something that caught their attention. "But then all the comic books started coming true."

Sherlock stops his pacing. "Interesting."

Some more time passes and in-between cases, Sherlock continues his random experiments, Kat continues her busywork for Scotland Yard, and John was recording one of their latest cases on his blog. "Geek Interpreter, what's that?" Sherlock says reading over the doctor's shoulder.