Chapter 3

~~~

"Tell us from the start, DON'T be boring." Sherlock tells the man after Kat gave him smelling salts so he would wake up. He was currently sitting in their client chair in front of Kat and Sherlock while John sat behind him on the couch taking notes.

The man begins to tell them a story of how 14 hours earlier he got stranded on the side of the road in the middle of nowhere. His car had broke down and no matter what he tried he couldn't get it to start. He said he got out of his car and walked around to his hood when he noticed a man in a red jacket standing by a river out in the distance. He gets in the car and tries to start it again, it stalls for while before there is a loud bang indicating that his engine blew. He gets out of the car defeated when he notices that the man in the red jacket was no longer standing there. Instead he was lying down on the ground. The man tries to call out to the guy and see if he's okay but he gets no response.

~~~

At the crime scene, and small red haired guy runs over to an older man standing by the police car. "Sir, phone call for you." He tells the man and hands him the phone.

"Carter." Detective Carter says putting the phone up to his ear.

"Have you heard of Sherlock Holmes?" Lestrade asks him through the line.

"Who?" Carter asks confused.

"Well, you're about to meet him now." Lestrade warns the man. "This is your case, it's entirely up to you, this is just... friendly advice, but give Sherlock five minutes on your crime scene, and listen to everything that he has to say. And as far as possible," Greg adds. "Try not to punch him."

Carter signs but gives in. "Okay." He says and hangs up the phone only to be met with the red haired assistant again.

"Sir, this gentleman says he needs to speak to you."

"Yes, I know." Detective Carter dismisses him and walks over to his guest and shakes his hand. "Sherlock Holmes."

John shakes his head with an apologetic smile. "John Watson." He corrects. "Are you set up for wi-fi?"

After John got the wi-fi on his laptop set up he video called Sherlock only to be met with a half naked Sherlock who was only wearing a sheet. "You realize this is a tiny bit humiliating?" The grey haired man whispers in a hushed tone.

Sherlock, however, doesn't seem bothered by it at all. "It's okay, I'm fine. Now show me to the stream." He says sitting down in his chair with a mug of coffee in his hand.

"I didn't really mean for you." John snaps and Sherlock rolls his eyes.

"Look, this is a six." He explains. "There's no point in my leaving the flat for anything less than a seven, we agreed."

"Hey, Sherlock, I'm home." Kat calls up to him as she walks up the stairs. "Gonna take a shower, Sally split coffee on my and I know she did it on purpose." She growls frustrated as she pulls her coffee stained shirt away from her stomach and Sherlock just laughs a little. "Yeah, you're laughing now but she got a little in my hair and I'm SO gonna get her back- wait... why are you wearing a sheet?" Kat does a double take as she finally notices her boyfriend practically naked and on a video call with John. "Hey, John." She adds waving a little and he gives her a small smile and a wave back.

"Hi, Kat."

"My robe was in the wash." Sherlock replies simply and turns back to his conversation with John. "Now go back, show me the grass."

Kat opens her mouth to say something else but changes her mind. "Not worth it." She whispers shaking her head and walks into the bathroom and turns the shower on, getting inside.