Seventeen: Baekhyun (HAPPY 1K READS!!)

Seventeen: Baekhyun

BAEKHYUN'S POV

"Oppa?" Minjung called.

I was spacing out.

You may think that I'm living a good life now. Being with the one I love and doing well in my job. I am not.

I admit, I liked Minjung. She reminded me of Ji Eun. She's my first love. Cheerful, smiles a lot, cracks lame jokes. That's her, Ji Eun.

My first childhood love. She left me for China. Her parents had a job offer there so they moved. Over the years, I kept thinking about her. I had many girlfriends but I couldn't forget her until I saw Minjung. She was different from other girls I've dated.

But, I still think of her. I've never told Minjung that I couldn't move on.

*PHONE RINGS*

"Yeobuseyo?" I said, amist all the noises everyone was making.

"Baekhyun oppa.. it's me, Ji Eun."

Ji Eun? Speak of the devil!! That sweet melodious voice of hers.

"Oppa, do you remember our promise ten years ago? On this day?" She asked, remembering the past.

Ten years ago? On this day..?

FLASH BACK TO TEN YEARS AGO

"Oppa, I'm leaving for China today..." Ji Eun cried.

"Gwenchana... you'll be back soon right?" I said, trying to smile.

" will you promise me something?" she said between tears.

I nodded my head in agreement.

"Promise me, in ten years. We'll be together, and you'll be my prince." She said.

"Definitely. You'll always be my princess no matter what." I hugged her as she left.

END OF FLASHBACK

"Be your prince." I replied, Minjung gave a puzzled look.

"Ne, let's meet at the same place?" She answered softly.

"Arraseo, see you." I muttered, as I ended the call.

"Bwoh? What are you talking about? Prince?" Minjung asked, confused.

I knew if I told her, she'll break down. I left her there on the couch, bewildered and left to look for my first love, Ji Eun.

At the meeting place.

Radiant and ravishing. She looked the same, innocent and lively like before. Just some maturity in her which made her perfect.

"Oppa!!" She ran forward with tears.

"Ji Eun yah... bogoshipeo (I miss you)."

"I've kept my promise, you're my one and only prince." She smiled.

I... couldn't sat anything. I felt that I betrayed her. If I agree to be her prince, Minjung will be heartbroken. I am tied between these two girls. I don't know who to choose..

"Mianhae.. I can't make any choices now.... I've got a girlfriend." I stuttered.

Her eyes widened. It showed betrayal and sadness. Tears started trickling down her delicate cheeks and she started crying.

"You...didn't keep that promise." She softly cried.

"I...I don't... know..." I had difficulty speaking. Suddenly my phone rang.