.40.

summer break passed by way too fast for the groups liking. lots of things changed over the summer, but lots of things also stayed the same. one of the obvious changes was yoongi leaving, though he is back the week before the juniors start their senior year.

taemin and jimin got into a big argument which caused them to break up, but only for like a week before getting back together. so technically they didn't really break up. namjoon and seokjin have been doing good. namjoon is a starting defender on the seoul national university lacrosse team as a freshman which is quite impressive.

seokjin has decided to go down the health pathway, wanting to be a children's doctor. namjoon chose to go down the path of being a criminal lawyer, which he will easily become with his knowledge and wisdom. seokjin also gained a great amount of followers on social media, so the "power couple" is doing quite well.

taehyung and jungkook haven't changed much. they're not as clingy as they used to be, but they still cuddle in private and do normal couple things. the two boys also gained quite the following on social media, making them like mini-influencers. taehyung has gained about 76.3 thousand followers, while jungkook had around 60.5 thousand.

it being the week before the young ones of the group start their last year of high school, they decided to go to the lake and have some fun. they arrived at namjoon's family's gigantic lake house with about three stories.

"namjoon, screw your family for being filthy rich." jimin says while walking into the large and cozy house. the group chuckles at the boy. "in case you forgot, none of us are exactly middle class." jungkook states. jimin rolls his eyes playfully.

considering the group got arrived at the house recently early, they decided to go on the boat before eating dinner which would be cooked by seokjin and jimin. they went out to the boat, jumping on one by one and namjoon preparing to drive the boat. after making sure everyone was settled down, namjoon made his way onto the lake.

taehyung and yoongi decides to bring their dogs from their family homes, so mickey, yeontan, holly, and rap mon enjoying the breeze of the wind. "hey joon, can i ride the jet-ski?" taehyung asks, namjoon nodding and turning the boat back around so they could get the jet-ski.

taehyung and namjoon hop out of the boat and drag it into the water, taehyung not worrying about getting his clothes wet. the group giggles at taehyung's antics. "i can't believe he's doing that." taemin says while shaking his head. jungkook finds the boy cute and funny, also shaking his head at his boyfriend.

namjoon starts the boat back up and heads onto the lake once more, taehyung following. he decides to have some fun and speeds past namjoon and everyone on the boat. he spots a large open spot on the lake, knowing he could do basically whatever he wanted.

jungkook whips his phone out and records the boy. the group watches as the boy does cool tricks like "wheelies" but on water, awing at how good he was at the tricks. "how can he do that?" hoseok asks, shocked. seokjin shrugs. "we have a lake house and ever since he was little, he's just always loved the jet-ski and he taught himself tricks." he tells them.

the group coats on the lake for about 20 minutes, taehyung still doing tricks on the jet-ski before they decide to head back. taehyung gets the memo when he sees namjoon turning the boat back around. he speeds past the boat and parks the jet-ski before namjoon even gets the boat to the dock.

when everyone is off of the water, they head inside where jimin and seokjin begin making dinner. the rest of the boys hang out in the large living room. "taehyung, you're crazy good on the jet-ski!" yoongi exclaims. he was a bit tired, since he just got off his plane hours before they arrived at the house.

taehyung giggles. "you should teach me!" his boyfriend exclaims. taehyung looks at jungkook. "you sure you could handle it?" he asks jokingly. jungkook raises his eyebrows and smiles. "oh that's how you're gonna be?" he says, hopping on top of taehyung and began tickling him.

hoseok and yoongi laugh at the two. they were obviously gonna be clingy and touchy, considering yoongi only had a week back in korea. yoongi was currently sitting on hoseok's lap while laughing at the youngest couple. hoseok has his hands on the inside on yoongi's thighs, also finding the couple humorous.

taemin and namjoon has talked about some sort of game to play after dinner, but everyone was interrupted when jimin shouted that dinner was ready. they all walk into the kitchen, grabbing paper plates and choosing what they wanted to eat. they all sit down in the dining room and talk for what seems like hours.

after everyone is finished and had thrown their plates away, seokjin speaks up. "i think we should get some sleep if we want to spend a whole day on the lake." he says, the group nodding and saying goodnight to each other while walking to each of their rooms.

taehyung and jungkook get into their comfortable clothes and hop into bed. "hey." jungkook says, grabbing taehyung's attention from his phone. he hums in response, putting his phone on the desk next to the bedside. "i love you." jungkook says. taehyung smiles and kisses the boy. "i love you too." he says back. the couple snuggle up and eventually fall asleep.

taemin and jimin had been talking their upcoming senior year. "we're going to be seniors, taemin!" jimin exclaims while taemin has his arms wrapped around jimins waist, jimins back pressed against him. "yeah. i'm confident it'll be a good year." he says. jimin nods. the two fall asleep in that exact position.

yoongi and hoseok has the one room on the bottom floor, so when they were finally alone. yoongi was laid on top of hoseok while they talked about america. "los angeles is so cool. i even have people who recognize me!" yoongi exclaims while tracing his fingers along hoseok's abs. hoseok giggles. "we should get some sleep." hoseok suggest, the boys telling each other an "i love you" before dozing off.

namjoon and seokjin had stayed in the living room to clean up any mess that was left behind. namjoon goes up behind seokjin and kisses his neck. "i'm so glad we're together." namjoon says. he tried to remind seokjin how much he cares for the boy since he knows about his past relationships.

seokjin turns around and puts his arms around namjoon's shoulders. "you're the best thing that has ever happened to me." seokjin says while smiling and playing with namjoon's hair. the couple share a kiss, a slow and passionate one. "i think we're gonna spend the rest of our lives together." namjoon says.

seokjin smiles wider. "i sure hope we do." he replies. "i love you, joon." he says to the male. namjoon nuzzles his head in seokjin's neck. "i love you more." he says. the two finish cleaning before heading to bed and falling asleep.

———
fun fact: this chapter was written about a personal experience! minus all the couples lol, this is exactly what happened when i went to the lake w one of my best friends!

i was taehyung in the situation lol, i never got off the jet ski 🥴