.22.

it was finally friday, meaning it was the day of the basketball state championship. the tournament was all the way in busan, which is about a four hour drive. hoseok had told yoongi that he wasn't able to go because he had to schedule his physical therapy appointments and go get his knee examined.

of course yoongi was heart broken, but understood. the rest of the group decided to go support their friend since hoseok wasn't able to go. the time was about 7:15, meaning the game would start any minute. when the whistle blew to indicate the teams to stop warming up, yoongi looked in the stands. he sighed when he only saw his friends.

he was happy that they were there and they were even sitting where hoseok usually sat, right on the half court line. the group smiles and waves at the boy, some of them throwing a thumbs up. yoongi half-smiles at the actions before going out on the court. he takes a deep breath before the referee blows the whistle to start the jump-off.

•••

it's the fourth quarter and yoongi's team is down by 2 points. yoongi sighs as he sits on the bench. the boy hasn't been taken out of the game once, but he never is. he usually plays all four quarters without a break. coach moon goes up to the boy and starts lecturing him.

"min, i don't know what's up with you but you better fix it! this is your last game as a high schooler and you're not just gonna throw it away like that! look, i'm gonna need you to find any way to get open behind the three-point line. when you get the ball, you shoot." coach moon tells yoongi who nods.

the buzzer goes off, meaning the time-out was over and the teams needed to be on the court. yoongi looks at how much time is left on the clock. 0:12. twelve seconds. it was his teams ball, and yoongi was going to work his ass off to get those three points. the filled arena was silent as they watched jackson throw the ball in to wooyoung.

0:08

yoongi just can't seem to find an open area behind the three-point line.

0:05

yoongi finds an open spot and sprints to it.

0:03

wooyoung passes the ball to yoongi.

0:02

yoongi shoots the ball as soon as he gets it.

0:01

yoongi watches the ball float through the air.

0:00

yoongi heats the buzzer ring as soon as the ball goes through the hoop.

you hear a sudden roar come from the crowd. yoongi had just won the game for the seoul high school basketball team. the team runs up to the senior and hop on top of him. the crowd is roaring in celebration. surprisingly, a lot of the school came to the game.

after minutes of cheering and hopping on top of yoongi, the team takes their picture with the trophy. after their picture yoongi goes up to his friends who cheer for him. "our best friend is the state champ!" namjoon yells. yoongi smiles his gummy smile at the group. "hey, what's that over there?" jungkook points to nothing in particular.

yoongi turns around. "what do you mean?" he says before turning back around. when he turns around he sees hoseok behind the friend group. yoongi gasps and runs to him, being careful with his knee and brace. yoongi starts crying happy tears. "you're here." he says softly. hoseok chuckles and rubs the boys back.

"i'm here. you won!" he says, wiping the boys tears. yoongi nods and smiles with tears rushing down his face. the boys touch their noses together and smile at each other. "i told you that you could do it." hoseok says, yoongi nods. the boys share a kiss and their friends clap and cheer.

"oh shut up, they're having a moment!" jimin says. the boys pull away from each other. "god, this has been such an emotional day." yoongi says while laughing. the group laughs as well. "let's get out of here. we won't get back home until at least midnight." seokjin says, and the group begins walking out of the arena with each other.

•••

by the time everyone gets home, it's 1:00 in the morning. all the couples went home with each other, namjoon and seokjin also going home together. namjoon and jungkook slept over at the kim household again that night, not wanting to disrupt their own families. taehyung and seokjin knew their family would be wide awake and not mind the boys staying.

they get to the house and all get out of the cars stretching. "ugh, i hate long car rides." jungkook says, going and falling on taehyung. taehyung rolls his eyes at his boyfriend's antics and hugs him. "i do too. but we're home now and i'd like to see my family." taehyung says, pushing jungkook off of him.

the four boys walk into the home and hear laughter coming from the game room. they all look at each other and laugh. "i say we join them!" namjoon says and the three boys agree, running to the room and throwing the door open. the kim parents, jennie, and areum are all in the room playing on the wii.

"areum, you're here?" jungkook asks. areum nods. "i'm always over here in case you forgot." she says sassily. mrs. kim looks at the two and giggles. "come on, join us!" mr. kim says while motioning for the teenagers to go and play on the wii. jungkook and taehyung make the choice to play against each other in tennis.

"i'm gonna kick your ass." taehyung says, pointing two eyes from his eyes to jungkook. jungkook chuckles. "you've got it twisted, sweetheart." jungkook says teasingly. taehyung rolls his eyes playfully and smiles. the two boys play their game, and unluckily for jungkook, taehyung won. "jokes on you, assface!" he screams.

"oh that's how you're gonna be?" jungkook says, sitting the wii controller down and lunging at taehyung. he tackles the boy and makes them fall on one of the bean bags in the big room. they giggle, taehyung trying to pull jungkook off of him. "get off of me, you fucking muscle pig!" taehyung tells while laughing.

"nope!" jungkook's replies as he starts tickling taehyung's torso. "kook, s-stop!" taehyung yells in between laughs. everyone has taken their attention to the two boys. jungkook stops tickling taehyung and the boys look at each other. they're both panting and smiling at each other. jungkook hugs taehyung's waist and lays his head on the boys chest, taehyung running his hands through his jungkook's hair as they watch everyone play games on the wii.