35: Bring her back

Annie

"Holy-"

"Watch your mouth!" I glared at her. She coated her mouth with her hands and her eyes widen. "There is no way."

"There is a way," Kenzie giggles, "Wow. The destiny between the two of you making you collide."

"Why would you say that?" I snorted and rolled my eyes. "No."

"No, Annie." Jayden started, "Listen to us." She went in front of me and start making these weird actions, "You and Asher broke up a year ago. You are living a good and peaceful life in Maryland but why would Fate make you go back to Los Angeles?"

"Because of a project," I answered.

"Exactly," Kenzie declares, "Fate makes you go back here in LA, because of a project. Not just that, your partner is Asher, and not only that, the movie boundaries is kinda related to the both of you and tendency you two will act perfect for this movie."

"I know!" I confessed, "I always ask, why does Fate have to be so complicated? And why does Fate have to do this."

"So that means..." Jayden and Kenzie exchanged glances and they start leaping and squealing making my ears covered with their screams. I blocked the noise by closing my ear. "There are meant for each other!"

"What the hell are you saying?" I declared out and glared at them.

"Look, Leblanc," Kenzie started, "It all started at bumping to each other. Knowing the fact that you don't know it's Asher the whole time."

"And you guys turned into friends, which is kinda impossible because he is your IDOL. Supporting him for thirteen years, almost fourteen. Am I right?" Jayden added.

"It will be fourteen if I'm still supporting him."

"Well I guess it's turning fourteen." Kenzie shrugged. I gazed at her with my jaw dropped.

"Don't deny it. You still like him." She let her pointing finger face me, making me hush.

"And then guess what?" Jayden begins, "Let's say both of you are no longer together but Fate made you two collide again."

"Guys," I sighed, "Please stop giving me hope-"

"We're not giving you hope-"

"Please?" I interrupted, "It hurts so bad what happened to the past and I'm afraid of hurting again. I know I love him but I should do what's for the best. Asher and Jenna are together, this is just a weird temptation and I should not fall from it."

They exchanged glances once again but they stood silent and didn't bother to say a word.

Asher

"Hey babe." Someone hugged me from the back.

Have Mercy.

I turned around and it was Jenna making this face and I don't want to see it.

If it's Annie, I would fall for it.

It looks disgusting if she does it.

That's rude, Asher.

"Hey." I exhaled and walked away. I'm trying to remove her arms around my waist. Not really in the mood for her.

She removed and stood at her place, staring at me. "How are you feeling?"

"I'm good, thanks for asking," I answered, not really interested. I grabbed a drink inside the refrigerator.

"Hm." She nodded, "I heard you have a new movie with your new partner. Mind telling me who?"

"Yes and No," I answered.

"Annie is my new partner," I said, straight forward her.

She froze. "What's the movie about?" She asked, stuttering.

"Well it's a love story and we are going to act perfectly for it because it's based on our experience," I replied as I crossed my arms.

"Oh."

"And don't. I'm trying to tell and talk to her what happened last year." I glared at her, "Don't you dare do some stuff again with her."

She rolled her eyes and sat on the couch. She remained quiet waiting for me to talk more.

"Look Jenna." I sighed, "I like you. But that's only as a person. You're just being brat sometimes but trust me I do." I started as she looked up and gazed at me, "But how you act towards me? Since you really like me so much? You act so selfishly. And you are or not, I can't love you back. Whatever you do, whatever you act."

She looked down again and start staring at the ground. Her hands are intertwined with her fingers. She clenched her two hands together and place it on her forehead. I exhaled.

"I'm sorry. You're an amazing person but I just don't like you." I straight forward her again.

"I know," She finally speaks. "And I did a terrible job."

I stare at her, and for the first time, I got interested. "What do you mean?"

"I have a fan page and I'm running it for almost a decade already." She answered, "But last two years ago, I got promoted at my singing class and wants me to record and upload new music."

I stood quietly as I let her explain more, "Knowing the fact that my Mom knew I have friends from the fandom and knowing that I really don't know them personally, Mom is okay with it."

"There is a time where I slipped everything. I was once telling her how amazing Annie is, and managed to tell her that she is way more talented than me that's why she received a lot of followers in just half a decade. I'm running the fandom for almost a decade but I didn't hit my goal, just yet."

"Trust me, I really love Annie and she has a perfect place in my heart." She stated, "But the fact that I told my Mom that you guys are friends, she said that I should get you by doing these following things I did these past few months."

I clenched my fists while I'm leaning at the wall. I looked at the ground and start wiping my face with my hands.

"I'm sorry." She apologized, "I thought this is going to go well that's why I followed her. But it's really hard when she is no longer my friend." I heard her sniffing, "She doesn't know how she's important in my life."

I bit my lower lip and gazed at her, "I'm sorry too... You should have at least tell at the beginning."

"I can't." She answered, "It's hard."

We stay quiet for a couple of minutes as we start getting recover from what happened these past few minutes. Can't help but to think.

"So what now?" I started, breaking the silent atmosphere.

"I'll help you bring her back again." She gazed at me and her lips stretched, revealing a smile. "Even though it's kinda hard." She chuckles nervously.

"I'll help you with that." I insert a small smile.

"So..." She started, "Are we okay now?"

I smiled, "Better."