Chapter Twenty-One-Lexi*-In Which Taylor Remembers Some Plot of Issue Two

Lexi's sleep was interrupted by shouting in the hall.

"Where is he?"

"I don't know, he was barely responding this morning-"

"Well now he's gone!"

"He's dangerous."

"He's supposed to be dead!"

"Taylor, calm down, you'll wake Lexi."

"You don't get it, everything is wrong!"

Lexi drifted back to sleep, her pulse eventually overtaking the shouting.

Taylor

It wasn't right. Taylor's head hadn't stopped reeling since he saw Lexi return form the Fog. He had tried and tried for nearly a year to block out what had happened at Ontario. He wasn't ready to remember everything. He couldn't think about it all.

But that boy. He would never forget that face. The face that he saw at night, when he closed his eyes, let his guard down. Reese Gagnon

He remembered the white bubble expanding as he shot into the air. He remembered clutching his mentor's hand in his own small one as his teammates were laid in the ground. He remembered trying to see Reese, asleep in the infirmary, only to be told he was already cremated. Buried in a jar next to his teammates.

He remembered plastic roses in the graveyard, and then the plane to Seattle.

Found himself staring out the infirmary window. No body. 

He was just gone again. Taylor slid to the floor, biting back tears.

If you enjoyed the chapter, please vote, comment, follow

Should I do an epilogue/preview of Issue Two?