*Edits*

So, I made a lot of changes to OMF and didn't publish them here (because it would take forever)

THIS IS THE ONLY PLACE YOU CAN SEE THESE EDITS
THEY WERE NOT MADE ON WATTPAD

So here's a lil summary of the book in present canon

Lexi receives a mission as a test to go to Oregon and collect simple intel on the sudden disappearance of an unidentified energy signal. She is assigned Taylor as a provisional team member and Allison as a chaperone.

Upon arriving in Oregon, Lexi catches glimpses of a Tipped Spirit near a K-12 school. The backlash of such energy is immense, but she still elects to go to the school undercover and investigate. She and Taylor pose as twins while Allison agrees to stay out of the way and let them handle it. Lexi denies Taylor's help (and ideas she disagrees with) and discovers that there is a powerful elemental spig (Jean) being hunted by Caliph (the tipped). She has trouble tracking either, however, because their energy signature keeps vanishing.

While trying to unravel this mystery, she learns that the Tipped is too powerful to take on. Unwilling to fail, however, she "convinces" Taylor to lie to Allison and take on Caliph themselves. The two arrange to recruit Jean the next day, but when they try to talk, Corduroy attacks them.

He states, after a tussle, that he doesn't trust them at all, but realizes now they aren't dark spirits. He also explains that his power is to make Lihe undetectable within what he calls his "invisi-circle". They give Corduroy and Jean the recruitment spiel and offer to bring them to SAEPTA. Jean, curious, demands to see their powers first. Caught up in her small success, she takes the two to a park and she and Taylor show what they can do. Jean and Corduroy then show what they have figured out.

By that time, Caliph has found them and has decided to take his prey sooner rather than later. Before the fight can start, Allison appears. While she is reprimanding Lexi, Caliph attacks Jean. They fight, blah blah blah, and Lexi has a sudden power surge. She uses it to banish Caliph to the Fog, but he takes Jean with him. Corduroy, terrified, decides to be recruited and they convince his grandma that he's going to military school for free.

Lexi pleads with Allison to let her finish the mission her way, which may mean death. Allison agrees, but only after secretly contacting Pule and getting backup (Lexi never learns about it).

Back at SAEPTA, Diana is forcefully convinced to help Lexi enter the Fog. Taylor guiltily endorses Lexi's suicide quest, and her speech about honor convinces Allison to let her try.

Diana opens the portal, but it is almost fatal to her. The first attempt leaves Corduroy comatose from collateral damage and he is taken to Corey, a healer who owes Allison a favor. The second attempt is successful, and Lexi enters the Fog completely unprepared.

Lexi is afraid of the backlash she may get from using her power, so she just walks. After a lot of walking, she realized her free will and conciseness is fading. A spirit called Innocence and Revenge leads her to Caliph's dipper place. On the way, they pass the one human to enter the fog (besides Lexi and Jean) that hasn't gone mad and evaporated. Lexi finally uses her power, but the sheer volume of it consumes her and almost destroys her body. A vision stops her from complete destruction and leaves her mortally wounded by a thousand injuries.

Mysteriously, the Lihe that just nearly killed her heals her almost good as new. With a new control over the energy everywhere, she battles Caliph and runs for the portal with Jean. Just before leaving, she grabs the boy (Reese) and enters the real world again.

She sleeps for days, and is haunted by Innocence and Revenge and the tortured human souls in the forms of hallucinations for weeks. They finally dissipate and she is welcomed as a hero.

Her mission to the fog is to be a secret, however. And the boy has disappeared.

the ennddddd ish 

VOTE COMMENT FOLLOW SHARE YEAH

One vote=one smile

One vote+one comment=one extra-big smile and a missive thank you

vote+comment+follow=undying affection