Chapter 21 "You're my alpha"

"Hunter." I groaned. I knocked the door again but still he ignored me. I had broken the news to him and before I had the chance to say anything else Hunter had stormed into his office without giving me a second glance. I know I have no right to say it but some mate he is.

Well that was hypocritical.

My foot connected with the door as my fist collided with it. "Hunter." I growled. This time my wolf was on my side. She did not like that my very own mate was ignoring me. Shutting me out. "You open this damn door!" I threw another punch at it, making me feel my fist throb at the force. Almost 100% of me believed that Hunter was pressed against the door. Under any other terms I would have been able to turn the door to firewood.

"Look, alpha." I wasn’t whispering, although my voice was low. "Yes, I am to blame but you sitting in there sulking and... and wishing we weren’t what we are, is not going to help anyone. Grow a pair. You’re an alpha." I hesitated to continue but no one was around so I decided just to say it. "You’re my alpha, and our pack need you. Now open the fucking door." I'm not great at speeches but I have to say I did pretty darn good.

It worked. Hunter’s door swung open and he stared at me for a few seconds before he took my hand in his and pulled me into his office. I hid a smirk. I should have known I could pull it off. My wolf purred at both the acceptance and our faint contact.

"How did you find out?"

"I guess you could say that the infirmary is a member short at the moment." He let out a laugh, lacking all genuine humour. "I heard about the meeting with the rogues and I wanted to take a look too. They were talking so I eavesdropped on them" I explained.

"Did they say what they want?"

"No, but Cameron would have known. There's something else. I think I knew these guys, one of them anyway. I don't know why. I just do."

Hunter’s phone beeped and we turned to it. "That would be the footage we need. Try let their faces jog your memory."

"Trust me, I would take pretty much every suggestion you've got to stop the nagging in my head."

The footage began rolling. The first thing to appear on the screen was Luke as he fixed the phone on record into the pocket of one of the wolves that had signed up for their little covert mission.

Luke gave a nod and they started walking. Hunter fast forwarded the recording to skip past the too slow walk towards the rogues.

Then they had arrived and Hunter hit the play button.

"So, which one of you are the alpha?"

"None." Luke replied. "He hoped you would understand."

"Completely." That was the voice. The familiar voice. An arm blocked the shot of him. I hissed. The anger of being so close to knowing but to be stopped by something so stupid as an arm.

"Patience." Hunter warned me. I let out a frustrated sigh. I am not patient. I can admit that it's one of my flaws. Hunter grasped my hand and I instinctively began to calm down. Damn wolf!