Chapter 16 "It's not like I asked you to marry me."

I never understood what was meant by an out of body experience. I guess it's one of those things you don't understand until you experience it. My definition strays from tradition but I can tell you now it was horrible. To not control your own being is dreadful. To not know what you were doing was even worse. Last I checked I was with Hunter and he didn't have a lot of self-control at the best of times, especially when my wolf was giving herself to him without a second thought.

So you can understand my surprise when I woke up back in my room with another note from Hunter. 'Dishes, tonight.' Yup. Two words. All I got after everything was two stupid words in neat handwriting. I scrunched it up and threw it in my bin.

Sitting up, I noticed the vacancy where my TV once sat. I guess I was wrong about only receiving two words. On the wall was a sticky note. I slowly climbed to my feet and snatched it from the wall. 'Ordered a new TV and mirror, be here in a few days. Read a book." I groaned. How can someone be frustrating whilst they're being nice? I didn't even know that was possible. I scrunched that note up too and accurately threw it into the bin. With a groan I lay back on my bed.

A knock sounded from the door and I had to break out of my sloth like state.

"Are you being serious?" I called out on my way to the door. "I know you have connections but-" As I pulled the door open I saw it wasn't my mate standing there.

"Not who you were expecting." Leon asked with an eyebrow raised. I felt my stomach do somersaults and bit my lip, as though it would keep them at bay. It didn't. I shook my head and stepped aside. With an extended arm I invited him in and he walked into my room. To establish some privacy I closed my door. When I closed my door I knew the butterflies in my stomach weren't due to the fear of being seen with Leon by Hunter.

When I turned around I hadn't expected to see Leon standing no less than three feet away from me with his eyes plastered to my face. I took a small hesitant stumble back.

Leon cleared his throat. "I had to talk to you. I remember." I froze. I thought for sure those memories were gone. I was counting on them disappearing, and yet the feeling inside of me continued. I shook my head, awakening me from my trance.

"And?" I asked. I was so annoyed at myself. I was so sure he would forget everything. It would have all been fine. I expected Leon to say something, after all he was the one who came to speak to me, not the other way around; but he didn't. "Are you here to tell me that you feel sorry for me?" He just kept looking. It wasn't even an intent gaze like what I wished I was staring back at. It was a plain look. "I don't need your pity." I informed him.

"I don't pity you." He said taking another step towards me. "At most I empathize with you." He sounded frustrated. Well, that made two of us. Two frustrated, annoyed teenagers, arguing over... Actually I don't know what we're arguing about. "I'm pissed you got me drunk and hoped I would just forget about it. Any of it." He shouted at me.

"Stop yelling! Why are you yelling?" I took an angry series of short steps closer. There was a challenging fire burning in both of our eyes. Fight fire with fire. Understatement.

"I'm yelling, Alex, because first you kiss me, then you tell me that story and finish it all off by shoving me out a window."

I looked down. Every word was the truth no matter how much I willed it not to be. I sighed. No matter how long I focused on the carpet it didn't change the fact that Leon was standing there. The only reason I know is because his shows were directly in my line of sight. He continuously shifted her weight from foot to foot.

"Do you want an apology?" I asked in a mousy voice. "Will that make you happy?" I felt my annoyance begin to bubble as my words solidified and my sight began to raise to his face once more. "I'm sorry Leon, I'm so damn sorry." I gritted out.