Chapter 15 "Does the term 'clean getaway' mean nothing to you?"

There's an authors note at the end but this is important so here it is. I kind of want to change the title. I'm taking any and all suggestions into consideration. Please comment a suggestion or message it to me but i would love to hear what you guys think.

~~~~~

I picked the lock and swept into the hallway. The entire apartment was silent. Completely dead. I took a quick glance around to confirm my thoughts and all was fine. With a grateful sigh I closed the door behind myself and got to work. I was sent for a few letters. Stupid, I know, but the buyer was willing to pay a fortune. Apparently it was some valuable information that had fallen into the wrong hands but they don't pay me to ask questions so I didn't push the unknowns and just agreed to the job and accepted what info they gave me.

Quite honestly I expected the place to be a wreck but I didn't expect it to be this bad. Dozens of beer bottles and cans dotted around with them never more than half a metre away from the next one. The place had stunk! It was a combination of scents that made me with that I didn't have enhanced senses. I nudged open the door closest to me with my foot. I don't think it mattered what I used, I would probably end up with a disease.

It was a bedroom. The sheets weren't on the bed nor were they anywhere near the original colour, it smelled even worse, but thankfully it was near empty, other than the bed and a small stack of drawers in the corner. I pull open each drawer. They might not be empty but they don't have what I’m looking for. I close them all again to make it look like I had never been there. The longer it takes them to realize they've been robbed, the longer I get to run for the hills, collect my money and move onto the next job. I may have been new to the working solo set up but I understood stealing, there wasn't much to understand. Just grab and go.

The next room just had clothes and piles and piles of other crap but I sieved through it anyway and still nothing. I had already been in the apartment for longer than I wanted to but it wasn't like I had spent hours there. Just a couple of minutes but I had hoped it was an easy first job. Not exactly, but I kept looking. The next thing I saw was a small kitchen. One of the wooden cabinet doors were hanging off revealing an empty cabinet. Then I spotted it. A small stack of white papers, still sealed. I scurried over and grabbed them but as I looked up something caught my eye. A calendar with a large circle around one date with the words 'full moon' sprawled inside the box. I reached out and flicked to the previous month and there those words were again, the same went for the month before that and the one before that. I didn't need any more signs. I started to run from the room with the letters in my hand but when I reached the hall I wasn't standing there alone. Several men brooding over me and my heart stopped.

Then, suddenly I was no longer there. I was in bed. Instead of staring up at the ceiling, the morning sight I had been greeted with in the past, I was now staring in to the eyes of my mate.

"Alexandra." He sighed.

"What are you doing in my room?"

"I told you I would come by later."

"Call me crazy but I thought you would have waited until at least the next morning." I sighed rubbing my fore head. "Don't ever wake me up again." I grumbled giving him a death glare. Who does he think he is coming in to my room looking all cute and concerned with his stupid perfect hair and those stupid concerned eyes? Stupid Hunter.