Chapter 4 "You have no idea what I'm capable of..."

The party had started around 6. By that time all those who didn't want to join had cleared out and a majority of the packs young, among some others, remained. Despite not being the entire pack it was a loud, boisterous party with music I could hear despite my door being closed and voices mixed in to the point that I couldn't pin point a single one of them. Not even the voice of my guard. Did I mention that I have a guard? Yeah, my darling mate sees me as a flight risk who needs a baby sitter. Hes not wrong about the first part but still. I'm offended that Hunter thinks that guy could stop me. 

Most of them were dressed rather nice. I know because i peeked out half an hour ago. Cassidy's choice in shoes instantly made sense. There was an array of cute dresses, or flowing skirts with nice tops but not me. Not even close. I still wore my jeans, but that's not too bad. I brushed the dirt off the best I could. Its almost impossible to tell that I was in a fight earlier. My shirt i changed and mostly because there was a few bloodstains that wouldnt wipe off as simply as the dirt. Thankfully I had an old t-shirt that was too big for me before a left. Now it was a little snug but it was an improvement. 

I vaguely heard the sound of my room door opening.

"Lex." Cassidy said. I turned my head to look at her, standing there in a cute purple top and black skirt. Oh and my shoes, of course. They looked good on her. She can keep them. "Are you coming? There's someone I want you to meet." I could see my 'guard' standing outside my door. Hunter just had to put me under security. That ass.  Of course I have my privacy- that slate of wood called a door. If I so much as mutter something to myself then it goes express delivery to the alpha and I can guarantee if he heard what I was thinking right now I'd be handcuffed before I can say 'shove it' with more wolfs bane in my system than there is in some states. Is treason still a crime because its becoming increasingly appealing.

"Meet you down there." I said motioning to my vanity table and most of all the small cluster of makeup, none of which was on my face. Given that it would take me at least half an hour to slap some of that onto my face it would be sometime before anyone expected me at the party. 

"Don't be too long" She whined. I nodded and as simple as that Cassidy left. For a second I stared at the door, just remembering her face and how much she had changed. And then I stopped, got off my ass and got moving. 

Seeing Cas was nice but this wasn't the place for me. I had to get out. I guess I might miss her for a week maybe but then I'd get over it. I'll have Cameron. Speaking of which, where the hell is he? Didn't I have a time limit?

I quickly walked over to my bed. It was tough to stay quiet. If they thought i was up to something for a second then they'll be right in here like tourists at Disney. Looking everywhere and telling everyone. It didn't matter to me how unlikely it would be but just to be sure I picked up the remote that was lying on my bed and turned on the TV. I'd like to see them try listen for footsteps whilst Bieber blares. Mix that with the party music downstairs and we've got ourselves some enhanced hearing that isn't worth a damn. On my bed was a bag I packed about an hour ago with some clothes and all the cash I could find, which came to a whopping $34. 

I didn't have what I came here for and to be honest I couldn't care less. All I wanted to do was get the hell out and into some piece of shit motel room with barely edible food. That was my life. Not joining a pack, following these stupid rules and definitely not mating an alpha. 

Considering the ass-hat outside my door, there was no chance of that exit strategy. 'Plan A' when 'A' stands for 'all that I've got' was a little thing called a window. If I remember at all correctly the sprinklers went on in around 15 minutes time, odds are Hunter wouldnt change something so simple. Judging by the view, the lawn is empty and the drapes down stairs will most likely be pulled shut. All I have to do is jump out of a window and run like hell. Simple really.