Chapter 26 "She's wild."

Rose and I were sitting on my bed after watching some sad movie on Netflix, although Rose did offer to go to her room where, it just so happened, she had The Notebook. She brought the goddamn Notebook to the alpha gathering!

Whilst we were in the kitchen Rose innocently grabbed three flavors of ice cream and some colorful sprinkles (claiming the colors would make us feel better with the mere thought of rainbows. Don't ask. I did and I regret It.), I however pinched the alcohol. Thankfully Rose couldn't see over the tubs to stop me.

I hadn't started drinking yet. I was waiting for Rose to go to the bathroom and stop turning her head to check on me every 3 seconds.

Finally Rose stood up. "I need to shower." She announced, collecting the towel I left out for her when she brought up showering the first time, before the movie. She wandered towards the door and I thought the coast was clear to pull out my drink from its carefully and tactfully chosen hiding spot. Under my pillow. I had only unscrewed the cork and put the bottle to my lips when Rose came back out again. Instead of rushing to hide it when I knew she had seen it, I simply froze with the hope that she just forgot about it and let me get on with a little bit of alcoholism. No.

"What are you doing?" She placed one hand on her hip. What is she? The alcohol police?

Before answering I took a big gulp, letting go of my wolf a little bit. Not enough for her to notice what I was trying to do. "Drinking." I croaked. I may heal fast but I can't deny that I was feeling a slight burn from the booze.

"Alex!" Rose screeched. My eyes popped from their sockets from the sudden surprise of loud noises. How can such a small person create so much noise? "We are healing." She motioned some kind of weird wave thing with her hands as though that would help me understand the mumbo-jumbo she was spewing out. "We heal through ice cream and trashy movies. We do not heal through bottling up or feelings and we certainly do not heal by hitting the bottle! Take it back!" She waved her arms towards the door.

When I didn't move she shuffled closer and dragged me from the bed along with my bottle. She pushed me, all her force going to my lower back, and led me all the way out the door.

Rose pointed a stern finger in my face. "We are going to get through this, but we are going to do so sober." She commanded and just like that I was kicked out of my own room. Is that how all slumber parties go?

This roomie thing was not well thought through. I sat on the floor outside my room for 10 minutes tapping into my inner lightweight. After 8 I was definitely tipsy, at the very least but I kept taking sips of my drink every few seconds. For some reason my wolf was trying to heal from the booze and take over again.

Damn that animal.

In my, no doubt, drunken stupor I found myself wondering down the stairs. My head was spinning as I took another chug of booze. Needless to say I had never been this smashed. With no clue where I was going I kept walking and tah dah - I had my ear pressed against a door. Leon's door.

I know its very stalker ex-girlfriend of me and I have no clue why I was there but I was and that was that. But it did not look good for me.

I could hear him talking. He was on the phone and leaving a message. "God, Anthony pick up. I need to talk to you. We have no idea where the hell you are. We have a situation with Maddie." There was a noticeable gap. His next words sounded difficult for him. "And I could really use my brother... after Alex." Hearing my name from his lips made my heart beat harder. It didn't feel like the good kind of beating. Damn it - that was guilt. I downed another bit of my drink. That should do the trick!

"Still nothing?" That was Cassidy. She sounded worried and full of pity. I caused that too. One more drink ought to do the trick. There was no audible reply but judging by what Cassidy said next I am left to assume Leon had shook him head. "I spoke to Hunter. By pack laws Noel can't take Maddie."