Chapter 12 "Shut up, Leonard."

The entire pack was pissed off. That would be my fault. My head was hanging out the window as i sang or in better words yelled the words to that 'you are my sunshine' song. I only knew the chorus and there was no backing track to my version. I sung the same eight lines, off key might i add and at the top of my lungs, for what must have been the fifteenth time at least. A few people shouted at me to shut up but i pretended not to hear and began conducting their 'Boo's.

"All together now! You are my-"

"What are you doing?" I came back inside to my room although i could tell who said it without looking. I had known them for long enough.

"Just the person i wanted to see, you know the verse, right?" I asked. My feigned innocent was clearly a facade. Firstly the song was the most off character thing i could come up with for a plan constructed in 0.2 seconds. I knew if i did it for long enough Cassidy would come to my room. I was the only one in the entire pack hell bent enough to wake everyone up like this. Who needs alarm clocks when you've got Alex? 

"Stop being so, so... argh!" Clearly I woke Cassidy up, judging by her mood. She always got grouchy and homicidal when someone woke her up. If she woke up by herself then we could all keep our heads. If you screamed the lyrics to a song the came out,  say, a century ago then you better take cover. Except if you're me. Cassidy may be sleep deprived but shes smart. Smart enough not to pick a fight when she has zero chance of coming out on top.

"So I was wondering." I sighed flopping onto my bed. "Do you think Hunter would let me go to the mall?" Her jaw hung slightly ajar. It was a serious question. My clothes were highly uncomfortable and they didn't fit at all. I mean at the time that was the intention but I've matured, meaning my wardrobe should mature also. Its a perfectly reasonable request. Cassidy began to stutter over words- just a collection of incoherent syllables. 

"You... you cannot be serious," Cassidy was finally capable of forming a proper sentence. I raised my eyebrows at her, showing her i meant what i said. A confused look plastered itself to Cassidys face. "Why cant you just ask him yourself?"

"Because I'm grounded." I still cant believe I'm limited to that stupid bedroom. Stuff like that drive people crazy. 

"Look I'm not even supposed to be in here." She told me.

"Then why are you?" She didn't answer. There was some emotion in her face that i couldn't place. It was a mix that i couldn't separate up into what i was originally. 

"I can send Hunter up when he gets back but that's all i can do." She hesitated before saying what she wanted to say but i could tell that she thought it was important. Her voice hitched as she clearly felt it was a hard thing to say. "Lex? I know I'm not in charge of your life, frankly no ones ever been able to control you but I need you to promise me that you'll be careful. Everyone here has been through enough- don't make it worse." I didn't see what that had to do with anything. There was no connection that i was remotely capable of making. Maybe I'm too thick to figure it out but i didn't understand. I'm not specifically trying to hurt anybody, it just kind of happens as a side affect of being me. The way i see it, Whatever happens is their own fault.

~~~~~

I was lying on the floor on my belly, and i was so damn bored. All i wanted to do was go for a run. I missed my wolf, but my wolf missed her mate. Being a werewolf sucks!

"Ladylike."I heard him laugh, I peeked up to see Leon standing there. Groaning, i buried my head back in my carpet. After all these years it was still soft. Silver lining- found. 

"Shut up, Leonard."

"Is that anyway to talk to the guy that brought you food." He had a bad a paper bag in his hand. My heart fluttered when i saw it. 

The Burger King logo.

It was so beautiful. I scrambled to my feet grabbing the bag and plopping down on my bed. I didn't bother to open the bag properly- I simply began ripping it  like crazy and taking my food out. Grabbing my fries I began to cram them into my mouth a hand full at a time. I groaned as the salty taste graced my taste buds. Potatoey love. 

"Almost forgot." Leon dipped his hand into his back pocket. "Anthony asked me to give you this. Its from the alpha."

I wasn't quite as eager about opening that. Gingerly i opened it being careful not to rip it. 

'Alex, I'm sorry I but i am unable to deliver this in person. I have been lagging in my duties to my pack as their alpha. Cassidy told me about your request and in order to be a good mate to you I will agree. However, I need you to be accompanied at all times. Cassidy has offered to shop with you and I will send some of my trained wolves along with you. I hope you understand that although i want to trust you more than anything, I cant yet. I am sorry, have fun at the mall. Your mate and alpha, Hunter.' 

I was shocked at how formal it all sounded despite still being in Hunters messy handwriting. A smile crept on to my face. Although i wouldn't have a chance to get away, I was getting out of my godforsaken room, if even for a few hours.

"Good news?" Leon asked as he appeared with my trash from his previous delivery. I nodded. "Not as good as the double bacon cheese burger, am i right." I laughed. I didn't even look at what he got me after i saw the fries. Leon should shop for me more often, he knows exactly what I like.

Except when he tried to steal a fry, I kicked him when that happened. He damn well deserved it. 

My fries...

~~~~~

UNEDITED

So, you liking any characters yet? Hehe...