eight · hacked

ZANE

Pixal spasmed and her eyes went dark, just as Mr. E's had moments ago. Zane, fearing the worst, brandished his shurikens.

After a moment, her eyes lit up again, reanimating her stiff body. However, her friendly green eyes were red, magenta, and orange, similar to when she first was used for evil.

Pixal?

"No!" he cried when she lunged at him. When she spoke, her voice was no longer hers.

"Why are you fighting, Zane?" the Overlord crooned through Pixal, her voice choppily mixing with the spirit's. The Samurai's quick reflexes that Zane was grateful for in the heat of a battle suddenly turned on him, and the Ninja was forced to fight back with all he had. This is not Pixal, he reminded himself as he shot her in the side with ice. It was the only way for him to be able to fight against his lover. Someone he would give his life for-- just not in this way.

A small, mad part in him was convinced that by defeating Pixal's physical being, the Overlord would leave her body and Pixal would return to normal. He fought back with a renewed passion, parrying her attacks while taking the offense as well.

"I am fighting because you are not Pixal," he cried as he leaped onto a frozen stack of boxes to freeze her from above, additionally sending shuriken to knock away a sword.

"How can you be so sure that Pixal isn't completely gone?"

Zane gritted his teeth and ignored the welling sadness growing as he swiped at her hands and feet. It hurt to fight against someone he cared for so deeply, but this wasn't Pixal he was fighting, it was the Overlord.

He honestly had no idea of how he could remove the Overlord from her systems. He just hoped that fighting would do something-- not that he had a choice anyway. Pixal- the Overlord swung out at Zane's head. He ducked and blindly thrust a hand out, shooting his most powerful blast of ice yet, not having any clue as to where it was directed.

In a split second, the Overlord was on the ground. Pixal's eyes stopped glowing, and he hopefully approached her, praying that it did the trick.

He waited.

She remained still and unmoving, like a wind-up toy propped on a shelf. She probably needs a reboot, Zane realized. He gently lay the Nindroid down and started to take away her armor to reach her main systems. His sensors flared as he touched every piece of armor, and he stopped for a moment to see what it was.

RECORDED TEMPERATURE: -40 CELSIUS. TEMPERATURE OVERLOAD.

Why was her armor so cold? He looked at the room temperature and was shocked to see it was -20 degrees.

Zane scanned the warehouse, realizing for the first time that in the battle, he had likely frozen everything. Jagged spears of ice pointed towards the ceiling, some three times the size of their maker. Frost accumulated on his nose, and let it gather as the impact of his element hit him full-force. Had the battle been that intense? Was it even possible for the warehouse to be so cold?

The temperature was decreasing as the sun started to peek over the buildings of Nom, melting the cold from around the Nindroids. Zane was momentarily stunned. How could he have done so much damage?

Eventually, Zane reached Pix's main hatch leading to the majority of her switches and her power source, but he found it stuck. Jammed shut.

No, not stuck.

Frozen together.

Frozen... with ice.

Zane did this.