Echoes Of Silence. (Part 2 of 3)

Start from the beginning

I shook my head and walked across the street when I saw no cars coming. Once I got up the rest of the block, I went through the doors of Hanson Place. I went downstairs to the desk of the Long Island Rail Road. I paid my way in, but I didn't go in right away.

Intercom: There is a Manhattan-bound 3 train to Harlem-148th Street approaching the station.

The rumbling sound of the 3 train approaching made me stop and stare. Once it left, I went down towards the LIRR. I found a seat in the back of the train's car and sat down, pulling out my phone and Beats by Dr. Dre earphones. I went to my music and put on Roc' The Life by Rita Ora. The train went in motion after a while, and I sat back and closed my eyes for this long ride.

_____________________________

{Saturday October 23rd, 5:52 am}

(Prince's P.O.V.)

I was in my bed, sleeping soundly. No one was home because Lexi spent the night out partying.

I heard someone ringing the doorbell and I groaned. I was going to ignore it, but the person was persistent enough to keep ringing the doorbell. Now what the fuck could be so important for someone to ring the bell off the hook? I got up and went downstairs. Who the hell would be crazy enough to be up this damn early on the weekend?

I felt cold air hit my shirtless body, since I only had on gray sweats and white socks. I opened the door, only to see Jas'marieé standing there, smiling.

Prince: Jas'marieé? What the f--

Jas'marieé: Morning babe! (kisses his cheek) Get up and get ready. I'm taking you all over New York City--well, as much as I've been to.

I wanted to be pissed off, but what she wanted to do for me was a sweet gesture. She noticed my slightly annoyed countenance and innocently smiled.

Jas'marieé: You look cute shirtless.

My expression went from a frown to a smile. I playfully rolled my eyes, walking near the stairs. I heard her laugh behind me as she shut the door and wrapped her cold arms around my waist. I smiled to myself. What could I say? I love her crazy ass.

We walked up the stairs to my room. She plopped on my bed.

Jas'marieé: Where's Lexi?

Prince: She went out partying last night with her friends. Knowing her, she probably crashed at a friend's house.

Jas'marieé: Sounds like the old me, doesn't it?

Prince: (laughs) Definitely.

I headed for the shower and did my daily routine. After about a half an hour, I came out in boxers, shaking my hair out. Jassie smiled, biting her bottom lip.

Jas'marieé: Mmm. Someone perfected their sexy.

Prince: (laughs) Maybe.

I went to my closet, pulling out my green Adidas track pants. I put those on before drying my hair. I noticed Jassie was awkwardly silent.

Prince: What's on your mind?

Jas'marieé: You sound like a Facebook status.

Prince: Déjà vu, much?

Jas'marieé: I know. (laughs) I saw Shadow, Desariee, and Carter last night. Shadow choked me, asking me why I didn't save her. Then she uttered some weird chant.

I turned towards her, quickly.

Prince: How did that chant go?

Jas'marieé: Something like, 'Reality. Retaliation. Death.' Why? You've heard it too?