Uryu

While it was unexpected, Uryu finished medical school within your three years of marriage. It wasn't that surprising to you considering his intelligence and how much he studied day and night. It wasn't until one year after Uryu took over his father's hospital, Karakura hospital, you wanted to start a craft shop. Uryu was all for the idea and helped fund the project, and within a year the construction was finished. 

You finished working on a quilt as you wiped the sweat from your forehead. "Finally finished."

Your shop, while only been open for a year, was quite popular. You waved to your assistants as you when on your break. Since you took an hour for a break, you decided to visit Uryu at his hospital. The walk only took twenty minutes, and it worked those joins that were always stiff from sitting. 

Upon entering the hospital you walked up to the reception desk. "Hello, do you know if Uryu is on his break yet?"

The woman behind the desk blink twice at you, confused written upon her entire face. "Uryu? Do you mean Doctor Ishida?"

"Yeah! Can you call his office for me real quick?"

"I'm sorry... who are you?"

Another female enter the reception desk at blinding speed. "Excuse me, Mrs. Ishida!" The woman bowed and gripped the back of the other woman's head down. "She's new here and it's her second day! I apologize for her behavior!"

"Ah, it's fine." You said, sweat pouring down your face. "Can you just please call my husband."

"Of course!"

After five minutes of locating him, you figured out he was hanging out on the roof of the building. It didn't surprise you that most of the employees didn't know who you were since you both were still young as a couple. But deep down, you didn't mind it as it reminded you still had your youth.

After walking the final steps to the roof you opened the door and felt the breeze brush your face gently. There he was, staring out at the sky with his white coat still on. When you close the door he heard and turned around, a smile appearing on his face. 

"I didn't think all of your orders were done this early." The wind blew his long bangs, covering almost all of his face. Those definitely need to be cut this weekend. 

"I just got part one done," you said, walking over to his right side, "these orders just keep coming, but I don't mind."

He put an arm around your waist to pull you closer. You noticed his phone was out and saw it was the group message. Uryu gave you his phone, "I figured you didn't check your phone yet, but Ichigo and his wife are having a child."

"YES!" You fist pump the air. "I can finally my first baby blanket for a friend! I've always wanted to make a baby's blanket"

Uryu chuckled and kissed your forehead. "You know we can have a child."

"Ah-" You paused, blushing furiously. "B-But the shop has barely been open! And I don't want you to lose sleep because the baby crying and-"

"We're well supported." Uryu chided. "And I'm not asking for a kid because Kurosaki and his wife just had one. I've wanted one for a while but you've never brought up the topic before. My father can take over..."

You let Uryu continue on his rant. He did have good points that you both could have a child. But... you weren't ready.

"I can take the weekends off to help support you and the baby." He almost continued on his rant until you managed to get the words out.

"I know! But I just feel like I'm not ready yet!"

Uryu stopped his ranting and fell silent. He hadn't considered the thought of you being ready and felt guilty at putting all of his thoughts and feelings dumped onto you. He sighed and adjusted his glasses. "I'm sorry, I got ahead of myself. I don't mean to pressure you."

You smiled and lightly pinched his cheek. "Of course I want a kid, but I want to run my shop for a while. It's barely new and I don't have a vice manager to help while I'm rising the child. Let's wait for at least three years, and I can promise that we can have a child."

Uryu gave a satisfied grin, "I can agree with those terms." 

"Ooo!" You shoved your hand down into your deep purse and gave Uryu the wrapped gift. "I managed to finish it in time, so go on and open it!"

Curious, Uryu put his phone away and started unwrapping the gift. Your eyes were about to pop out of your sockets as Uryu let the quilt roll down to reveal the ultimate gift. It was the Quincy symbol along with mini bows and arrows around the edge to give it an added touch. Everyone was confused about what you were making when doing it inside your shop, but it was worth it to see the look on Uryu's face.

He laughed and hugged the quilt to his chest. "I love it! This might be the only Quincy related item I have that isn't in battle form."

"I know since you can't practice fighting Hollows anymore due to your job, I thought you could hang it up in your office to remember your origins."

He hugged you close to him, wrapping the quilt around you both. "How did I end up with such a wonderful and skilled wife?"

"Hmmm, I dunno, probably by helping her with her sewing skills!"

Uryu chuckled some more as he bent down and kissed you right on the lips. The moment was spent kissing each other before you had to leave for your work. Life was happy as it could be, there wasn't anything you could regret in your life being married to Uryu.