Ukitake's Birthday

Today it seemed like the Soul King was being nice to him since this whole morning he hasn't felt dizzy, weak, in pain, or lightheaded. He was grateful for this day since it was also his birthday, one he didn't get to celebrate much because of his sickness.

He went to his office as Shunsui was there, drinking water instead of sake for the first time around. "Here's the birthday boy." Shunsui smiled and sat up to hug him.

Uktiatke smiled and hugged him back. "Thanks Shunsui. Have you seen (y/n) by any chance?"

"Hmm... I think she was at the store a while ago if I'm right. But I send her there because I was low on sake."

Ukitake laughed slightly. His best friend hadn't changed a bit. "Well I wanted her here a bit too."

"I know but-"

"I'm back!" You yelled while entering the office, smiling and hugging Ukitake. "Happy birthday honey! I'm glad you get to spend it with me!"

"You have no idea how glad I am that I can. I don't want another hospital day on my birthday, it's like that almost every month."

"Yeah," Shunsui said, draining his water and pouring in the new sake. "But now you finally get to spend it here."

"Oh right!" You spoke and grabbed a small box from the bag. "Its last minute since I was caught up in captain duties. Go on! I want you to open it."

Ukitake laughed and started to open it. What was inside surprised him as it was a necklace with a jewel that was shining green with a mix of blue inside, giving off a affect when he stood in the light. "Wow! This is beautiful!"

"It's a rare fish jewel. There only three of them in the world."

That made him freeze in his thoughts. "Three? (y/n)... how much did you spend on this?"

"Well... almost all of my paycheck."

Shunsui choked on his sake as Ukitake's heart beated fast. "Didn't you just get payed yesterday? How are you going to pay for you house and food?"

"Well... umm... I didn't think of that."

A blush came on your cheeks as you were embarrassed that you were dumb to not think of yourself when buying the gift. But Ukitake chuckled and hugged you. "If you want you can stay at my place for a bit."

You smiled and hugged him back. "Are you sure? I'm a bed hog ya know, just warning you if we share a bed together."

"Sounds like adult business, I'll let you two settle this out." Shunsui winked at his best pal before leaving with his sake.

You looked down at the ground, totally not thinking what that pervert captain was thinking about. Ukitake was blushing too but it wasn't as bad as yours. "Don't mind him. He was only joking."

"I know but... I didn't think that way!"

Ukitake shook his head and ruffled your hair. "It's fine. Do I get cake?"

"I was planning on making it tonight so it would be fresher. Do you want to help out making it?"

"I would love it." Ukitake smiled once more before looking down at the jewel, taking in its pure beauty.