Chapter 27

"We'll show them a new empire made of pain."

Striving to find a solution to all the suffering has become senseless to them.

When both the human and his or her lyall have succumb to anger, it's never a good thing.

There is a thin line that separates right from wrong; and when one is blinded by anger, it can be near impossible to see this line. Anger is like a power outage for the thinking part of the brain. Thus, holding it is comparable to drinking poison. It eats you from inside.

And when the human and the lyall merges, instincts take dominion over their existence, pushing one's actions to be based primarily on instincts and yearnings.

~

She wakes up late. Her sleep has not refreshed her at all. She wakes up nauseous, irritable, and looks with hatred everywhere.

She is inside a small room, which looks like a room from a wooden lodge. She's surrounded by the woodsy smell of oak and the morning dew, so she concludes that she must be somewhere in a forest. The room only accommodates a simple yet comfortable single bed, a side table with a lamp on it, and a small stool – all the furniture made of wood – and showcases two doors which she automatically assumes to lead to the bathroom and to the cabin.

Although, the room gives a homey atmosphere, she still feels cramped and subdued in the little area that suddenly seems like a cage to her. Her eyes and mind crave for space.

She stands up from the bed and marches to the door which most likely leads to the cabin, with the urge to go out. When she turns the knob, the door is locked which irks her mood further.

Why am I caged?

Visceral rage boils within her due to the maddening thoughts that swarm in her mind.

The door is thrown wide open and an inquisitive face greets her sight.

"Glad you're awake, baby."

Her mind instantly rushes through flashbacks relating to the man. She starts growling, getting angrier every second.

I should kill him. I want to kill him.

He's my slave.

Kill.

A silent debate is forming in her head.

He might be of some use in the future.

Kill.

Fast death is too easy for him.

A bitter, wrathful and evil smile crawls on her lips.

She will keep him alive... for now.

***

"Why and how are your hair and eyes black?" Trey's face twisted into confusion.

"Where are we?"

"In a place where we're hidden better." He mutters. "Wait. Answer my question. " He shakes his head.

"I need a good shower." I mutter dryly, dismissing his query. "You got me all fucked up and dirty."

Yes, he fucked me so I'm dirty. The thought makes me burn with anger and disgust.

He fucked me. He's not my mate.

Rage is bubbling up inside me.

Trey suddenly pins me back to the bed which infuriates me on a whole new level. I growl at him, pushing him with my claws extended.