Chapter 4

Punch after punch. Kick after kick. I give every blow I deliver every bit of determination I have.

Not being connected with my lyall makes me weak. Although I'm not as vulnerable as a mere human, I am far weaker compared to other lupis, due to my 'less abled' senses. Hence, the frustration in having others around you treat you like a fragile doll drove me to become more resolute in training harder.

I throw another series of kicks and punches which make the sand bag explode.

I huff out my exhaustion and start doing some cooling down exercises. When I finally calm down, I remove the weights off my forearms and legs.

I tactfully glance behind my shoulder for a second, sensing another presence. I pretend not to notice 'though and proceed with undoing my hand wraps, as well as the wraps on my feet. 

Mental note to self: buy another set of those.

Within such speed that I cannot sense fast enough, well-toned arms snake around my hips and pull me into a warm, muscular chest.

"I'm sweaty." I say monotonously.

Trey doesn't seem to care since he nuzzles my neck and breathes in my scent despite my observable warning.

"Sorry."

I'm not really mad or anything. Leaving me this morning was actually a smart thing to do, I think. The space and time off from each other helped cool down his hormones, as well as mine. I'm just tired, I guess.

I shake him off and start my post-workout stretching routine.

"I brought you something."

Now, that's what I'm talking about. But, of course, I don't show my excitement. A girl's gotta be a girl sometimes.

I hum, not looking at him, and continue stretching.

His shoe-clad feet enters my peripherals making me raise my head to look at him.

"I did it myself, hope you like it." He says bashfully, holding out a big jar of what seems like s'mores cake.

Without any thought, I grab the jar from him and swallow a spoonful in a flash.

"Oh yeah! This... is so... freaking... fuckin'... awesome!" I say in between hungrily taking in mouthfuls of it.

It's not just s'mores cake. It's a freaking s'mores ice cream cake! It's just what I need after that tiring workout.

"Remind me to have another 'upset moments' with you, 'kay?" I wink.

Trey laughs at my childish behavior. "So..." He says dragging out the 'o'. "Is it safe to assume I'm forgiven?"

I nod at him, still busy with savoring – or should I say – devouring my awesome food.

Trey chuckles and kisses the top of my head. "You know, you've grown an inch."

I shrug at his observation, still busy with my food. Sorry, not sorry.

"Hey! What's that?" Brent yells as he enters the gym and makes his way towards us.

Trey growls at him, seeing I am just in my sports bra and boxing shorts.

"Dude chill. I'm the cliché overprotective brother, if anything else." Brent rolls his eyes on him.

Trey grunts and picks up my hoodie from the bench and pulls it on me, disrupting me. "Put on a shirt next time. How many times do I have to tell you that?"